Sign in to follow this  
Percyhappy

Please help me. Speckles is lying on bottom, has an extremely swollen abdomen and is spitting out food?

It sounds about right.

So now you will want to weigh out 1 gram of the medicated food, and that is the amount to feed for the whole day. It should be fed in 3-6 meals, not all at once :)

In case you scale doesn't go as low as 1 gram, I weighed it out on my scale and it is about 30-35 pellets (I weighed out 33 pellets to be exact).

My scale basically had a range of numbers of pellets that it could have been. It didn't make a difference if I put on 10 or 20 pellets, it just still said 1. It was only when I reached 2 grams that it made a difference on the scale.

My scale basically had a range of numbers of pellets that it could have been. It didn't make a difference if I put on 10 or 20 pellets, it just still said 1. It was only when I reached 2 grams that it made a difference on the scale.

yeah, you really need a scale that goes down to .1 grams in order to weigh the pellets accurately, and most kitchen scales do not go down this low ;)

This is a video of my beautiful Speckles tonight. He is still bloated but otherwise what do you think? He is in a 20 gallon he makes it look small. He is a big fish and hopefully if I can get him better eventually he won't have to be alone in a quarantine tank and will be able to be in a bigger tank. I think he's at least feeling better? I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I wanted you to see how he looked.

He is still swollen but he's he's active and happy and for right now that's all I can ask for. How could anyone neglect a beautiful fish like this? I feel so fortunate that I got to save the life of this special goldfish.

He's looking much better! How many days of Metro-Meds has he been on?

Sounds good. Carry on! :D

oh, bummer! where do i find a more precise scale? Thanks by the way :)

I am sure you can buy them online. I had a lot of difficulty finding mine locally, but ended up finding one at a head shop/smoke shop (whatever you want to call it). It was being sold to weigh 'tobacco' lol. It was $30 if I remember correctly.

oh, bummer! where do i find a more precise scale? Thanks by the way :)

I am sure you can buy them online. I had a lot of difficulty finding mine locally, but ended up finding one at a head shop/smoke shop (whatever you want to call it). It was being sold to weigh 'tobacco' lol. It was $30 if I remember correctly.

Got mine recently from bed bath and beyond. about $30 :thumb: Digital too :)

Theres a bed bath and beyond near me!! Now why would they have one?? lol for what purpose?

lol. I will say my bed bath and beyond did not carry a scale that went low enough. but you should check yours.... maybe to weigh spices?? lol

Theres a bed bath and beyond near me!! Now why would they have one?? lol for what purpose?

lol. I will say my bed bath and beyond did not carry a scale that went low enough. but you should check yours.... maybe to weigh spices?? lol

you know I didnt see your little . :rofl Mine only does 1 gram not .1 gram :o

you know I didnt see your little . :rofl Mine only does 1 gram not .1 gram :o

ahhh.... that makes much more sense :P

Thought I'd give an update. Speckles is still hungry and active and playing with his soccer ball. I will keep posting with updates on Speckles. I'll try to get a photo tonight

good to hear :)

Looking good! :thumbs:

He looks AMAZING I am happy he is doing better :D

Make sure you finish the med course, and before you stop feeding medicated food, will you post a video and update so that we can re-assess it? Thanks :)