Kyoto:

DSC_1003.jpg

Grace (caught her in an awkward pose lol ) :

DSC_1028.jpg

Peso:

DSC_1036.jpg

Kanji:

DSC_0961.jpg

And last but not least, this little guys name is Doom.

DSC_0996.jpg

Happy Doom.

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0997.jpg

Nom nom nom

DSC_1034.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

What nice goldies! Lovely. And what a warlocky face on Doom, my goodness--are you sure he is really a fish? ...I'd stay on his good side if I were you, lol!

Your fish are gorgeous, but needless to say, Doom is my fav :D

Your tank intrigues me. May we have some full tank shots? :)

thank you thank you, haha I felt very lucky when I found him. I went out looking for gold fish in orange county and came across him in a tank of three orandas. he was the darkest one, and he was pushing the other two around thinking it was feeding time when I was standing in front of the tank. Had to bring him home.

I'll work on getting a full tank shot tomorrow. My tank isn't all that great, I still consider it unfinished.

What nice goldies! Lovely. And what a warlocky face on Doom, my goodness--are you sure he is really a fish? ...I'd stay on his good side if I were you, lol!

hahaha I hope he's a fish! :)

He gets all the Hikari, spinach, and blood worms he can handle, I hope I stay on his good side :)

Lovely fish!

Thank you Cap! Drove all around southern california looking for them lol

lovely photos

Thank you. I delete more photos than I keep :)

Those are wonderful photos of lovely fish!

I also agree that your tank looks very interesting with that red bottom. Is it painted?

Hi Fang, yes it is painted, back and bottom. I used burgandy red spray paint, then painted over that with black. On the back of the tank, I used electrical tape to protect the paint from getting scratched in case i decide to use an HOB filter, or when I'm fishing power plugs behind the tank.

Here is the same tank when I first set it up back in 2009, this is how I envisioned it. Unfortunately my roommates nephews dumped a bag of food in the tank while I was gone, and killed all my fish. I really miss that big matte white ryukin named Pearl, and the little matte white with blue ranchu named Apollo.

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01892.jpg

Wow, beautiful fish, I'm lovin Kyoto!!! I'm diggin the tank as well. Can't wait for more photos. Is that afican water fern? Really nice.

Hi Mr. B, yes that is african water fern aka Bolbitis. I also have anubias nana, anubias lancelota, and anubias nana var. 'golden'. I am experiementing with the fern to see it can hold up to the abuse from the goldfish testing it out as food. If it doesn't, i'll pull it out and salvage it. If they don't eat it though, it will grow into a cool centerpiece.

They're all so beautiful wow! I like the last picture ^^,

Thank you :) I got lucky on that one. I wanted the shot to have more light, but I've yet to see them all swim in unison like that again lol

• Supporter

It's amazing. Not being perfect just means that you get to mess around with it some more. Good times ahead. What type of paint did you use? You said it was spray paint I think, but was it matte, gloss, semi gloss?? I'm setting up a new tank and like the way it looks. Keep up dating us please. :)

What a great tank! Love the red background.

The fish are great, too. Love Doom!!

It's amazing. Not being perfect just means that you get to mess around with it some more. Good times ahead. What type of paint did you use? You said it was spray paint I think, but was it matte, gloss, semi gloss?? I'm setting up a new tank and like the way it looks. Keep up dating us please. :)

That's true, I look forward to completing it though so I can just sit back, have a drink and relax with the fish :)

I used matte finish krylon I believe. I don't know if the gloss would show or not, but I wanted the soft look and the matte worked out good.

What a great tank! Love the red background.

The fish are great, too. Love Doom!!

Thank you :) I was really happy when I first finished it few years ago, it came out exactly how I wanted.

And the plants look really healthy like the fish :thumb: Good job

Thank you Koko. I have to admit, the plants are new except the ferns, so we'll see if I can grow anubias lol

gorgeous fish! I love that last shot ;)

Thank you tithra!

These are beautiful fish. I love the last shot of the three of them and your tank is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Jaime. I will share more in the future, hopefully when they've gotten more size on them :)

Have you posted pictures of your fish Pearl and Apollo here on the forums? I want to say that I remember seeing them a couple of years ago, and absolutely adoring them. It's one of the few fish I remember when I first joined, those guys and a trio named:Tinko, Charlie, and Istavan that a another user had.

Anyways, your crew now are stunning! I love that your tank looks so dramatic, and dark.

Have you posted pictures of your fish Pearl and Apollo here on the forums? I want to say that I remember seeing them a couple of years ago, and absolutely adoring them. It's one of the few fish I remember when I first joined, those guys and a trio named:Tinko, Charlie, and Istavan that a another user had.

Anyways, your crew now are stunning! I love that your tank looks so dramatic, and dark.

Hi Hzleys87, yeah I did post them a few years ago when I had them. It was a rough loss. I have never seen a ryu or chu like them.

The tank is usually bright like in the full yank shot.

I get that dark effect from using overhead flash when shooting with my Nikon.

I cant wait for my goldfish to get big and have beautiful large fins. Their poses are beautiful when you can freeze their gracefulness in an image.

I love your fish...so pretty! Do you mind if I ask where you found them? They are some of the nicest fish I have seen coming from regular stores around this area.

Hi Amy, thank you, and I dont mind sharing my 'go to' places :)

I got Doom from tongs in fountain valley, Grace from CK, and the others from hacienda aquatics in la puente.

Very nice fish and I love the look of your tank :)