Sign in to follow this  
Tiffany_King

Goldfish only has one fin

Sorry im posting so much. I always come here to search for advice but I was never a member so my questions have built up haha. About 4 months ago I ordered fish online; since I'm from a small town I will never come across a ranchu here. One fish was missing a fin and so I kept him seperate for a month maybe and there was never any growth or infection so I put him with the rest of his family. He is still missing this fin. He gets along fine I was just wondering why this happened. Genetic? Or if anyone else has experience this.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii492/Tiffany_King2/757f3297.jpg

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii492/Tiffany_King2/9f2008ac.jpg

It's the tiniest nub. I'll test my water tonight.

It looks like it was probably genetic since there doesn't appear to be an injury. He is a cutie ;)

He is very cute! I agree, probably genetic as well. Hopefully he will be able to swim alright once he gets bigger

aw, he is a cutie :) Please don't apologize for posting questions! that's what the forum is here for :D

adorbs. he looks happy to me! I have a fish that is missing his dorsal. it happens. i've also seen ranchus with dorsal fins.

I have a red and white male Oranda that I bought online with 2 black Moors, ,one moors had a anchor worm on his dorsal fin with abit of flesh and fin missing ,my husband pulled it off with tweezers and we did a salt bath to prevent infection.. hisf in healed and he is doing fine..

anyways, back to the Oranda.. he is metallic and almost perfect... except he has a tiny nub pelvic fin it has grown abit, I bought him in March. He is a great swimmer chases all the girls, is a pest at times I have 3 girls and hes always after them he has the stars on his gills ..has grown and his colors just sparkle,big bright eyes and nice fins..wen is starting to develop..