Sign in to follow this  
dalek3

Transparent goldfish?

Anyway i was at my LFS getting an oranda when i saw a completly transparent ryukin i didn't get to ask, so are those fish avalible on the market? cuz i've heard of them but never seen one but it was scary you could see its heart and stuff seriously!!!! i kid not!!!!!

Cool! You see them once in a while but they're not too available where I am. :(

Edited by Golden fishy

I've only seen pictures. They look too icky for me. :blink:

Where are they even from? Pluto or something?

There's this picture of a little transparent ryukin floating around the internet, accompanied by an article about how Japanese researchers bred them so it'd be easier to do research on them. Apparently they created the fish by breeding with very pale goldfish.

Not sure if this is actually the real source of these transparent goldfish, but it might be possible.

They seem pretty interesting, if you ever find the picture post it here I would love to see it. :)

I know a good fish is never a bad color... but that one kind of freaks me out :P

Woah o.o...

They have more transparent fish than shown but they won't show images for some reason.

Here are my post on trans fish including my own goldfish and zebrafish. That makes me the first to make two transparent fish and a major biological supplier wants my transparent goldfish!

I also have a blog on all the research models of transparent fish seethroughfish.blogspot.com