IM MOVING! :D

Hey guys, in about 2 weeks time i will be moving into a new condo and of course taking my tanks with me! :D i will be bringing my goldfish tank first and was wondering what is the best way to move my tank, less stressful for the fish and keep my tank and water healthy (bb, cycle) during the move? pls help as to what is best? keep fish in tank? and leave just enough water for them to swim? or completely removed fish and keep in a dark bin to minimize stress?? they will be last to move out and first to be setup in the new place! thanks in advance! :D

Well, I would first empty the tanks of the water cause it would be very heavy

Than depending on how long the ride is for the fish, I normally put some water in a cooler and put them in it.

honestly i am moving like 5 minutes away.... i was thinking... REMOVED all my plants and place in a bucket along with the rocks and driftwood.. so as to not kill and bb... and leave water just enough to cover gravel for same reason... then place my goldies in a sterilite filled with tank water and a separate tub for my filter media... sound good? and when i get the the condo set it up right away... should go smoothly?? what do you think?

• Admin

honestly i am moving like 5 minutes away.... i was thinking... REMOVED all my plants and place in a bucket along with the rocks and driftwood.. so as to not kill and bb... and leave water just enough to cover gravel for same reason... then place my goldies in a sterilite filled with tank water and a separate tub for my filter media... sound good? and when i get the the condo set it up right away... should go smoothly?? what do you think?

Thats pretty much what I have done many times.

Just Place fish in a bucket filled with tank water. Save all filter media in another bucket or in the tank. Drain tank till there isnt hardly any water in it. :thumb: