two pieces of gold

Long story short, i lost my group of goldfish a few years ago and didnt have it in me to replace them. I still miss those fish, especially pearl and apollo, but i finally decided to keep goldfish again.

Here are two I brought home yesterday after work. No names yet :)

All i have are in-bag pics from the ride home.

2012-05-03_17-57-48_75.jpg

IMG_20120503_200852.jpg

2012-05-03_17-57-24_981.jpg

2012-05-03_17-59-15_842.jpg

Lovely.

Thank you, they are Im tempted to go back and get a red and white ryukin, but theyre kind of pricey at 25 each.

Very nice!

Thank you. The ryukins tail is what got my attention.

Nice finds. That ranchu is LUMPY. Congratulations. :)

Lol thank you. I like lumpy ranchu lol

Very nice.

Lving the all Orange Chu :)

Beautiful picks on both fish. I'm a ranchu lover myself but I'd take that ryukin in a heartbeat >_> Good luck with your new fishies! It's always hard to start fresh with goldfish after losing ones you really loved, but its so worth it =)

Very nice.

Lving the all Orange Chu :)

Thank you Prin :) I like the half orange half yellow wen that it has.

Nice fishes, both of them. I think you can make a beautiful Ryukin out of that one :)

I hope so :) I can't wait to see how big it's tail will get over time, or if it will stay proportional the way it is.

very nice~~~great find :clapping:

Thank you Shark, I got lucky to find nice gold fish at a shop near my office.

Beautiful picks on both fish. I'm a ranchu lover myself but I'd take that ryukin in a heartbeat >_> Good luck with your new fishies! It's always hard to start fresh with goldfish after losing ones you really loved, but its so worth it =)

You are so right. I have some clips on my youtube of my old fish. It's hard wot watch the videos. Pearl was an all white matt scale ryukin with black beady eyes and blushing gill plates. Just beautiful. I have still to this day never seen a fish exactly like her.

I'll admit though, it has been fun going to as many LFS's as I can find in SoCal looking at all the goldfish out there :)

They are beautiful!!!! :)

Thank you Haley :) Their tails wag nicely at feeding time lol

Both are very cute. Post tank pics when you can.

Thank you rlw, I will try to get some pics this weekend, I might even use my Nikon.

They are adorable, love the chubby cheeks.

Those are the best, next to the wide tails :D

Wowwww, they are picturesque!!!! :D Wonderful choices, welcome back to goldfish keeping!! :heart

Thank you for the warm welcome Rai. I've kept many exotic tropical fish over the years, I am lucky I had older cousins who were into the hobby, but still goldfish have always held a place in my heart. My first fish was a goldfish in an emerald green glass bowl that my Nana gave me when I was 4yrs old. I've been hooked ever since.

Very nice!

:Congrats:

Thank you :)

So cute! The ryukin is lovely and I have such a soft spot for ranchu faces :D Daww :wub:

Me too. I think Orandas were always my favorite growing up, but recently I've fallen for ranchu's. They are like aquatic puppies. Chubby, clumbsy, and friggin cute. :D

Oh looky there another Ranchu that wants to be in my tank :rofl

Oh noes! You canz look up my IP haha thank you Koko.

Great looking fish! I wish there were nice fat ranchus like that availabe in the LFS in my area.

Thanks Oerba, it's not often we find them this nice at the LFS's here in SoCal, so when I saw them I had to have them.

They are indeed two pieces of gold!

I was hoping the ryukin would be read, but the LFS uses those purple color enhancing lights, so it's hard to see the true color.

I went 'hunting' yesterday looking for a calico oranda, but came home with a red/white ryukin, and a red/white ranchu. Ugh. addiction is terrible.

Beautiful fish! Congrats!

Thank you Tithra :)