Sign in to follow this  
Prin44

Chocolate/Bronze Single Tail Tele' ?

I saw one in a local Pet Shop the other week and now cant stop thinking about it!!.

It was absolutely stunning, lovely big eyes, short round body and such a long tail that had lovely broad round tips not points... I do love me a Tele'

The shop is horrible, every tank always has ill fish and the odd dead one in.

So I was umming and arring as I know its sad but I am one of those that goes with the "dont support the nasty shop" theory, even if it is to the fishies detriment and especially even more so with such a nasty shop ... But when you see a nice big fish like that a girl gets tempted, lol.

How popular can these be??.

It wasnt selling as a "fancy named" breed, in a 3ft tank with God knows how many other large Fish including mostly commons and comets.

Iv seen a fare few Commons in Pets at Home or my lfs that I like, with short fancys tails just sold as commons.

Excuse my ramblings, lol.... But Iv never seen a fish that caught my eye like this b4......

Sounds like a pretty fish! You should go back and get him!!

Sounds like a willow goldfish - they're technically single-tails and need the same space, they get as big as common and comet goldfish and are just as fast (if sometimes less co-ordinated!)

I would get it. Support is more than buying one off fish. Support would be buying all your supplies there, your fish food, etc... that really helps them in the long run.

A one time deal for a nice fish, live guilt free and enjoy your fish you rescued. :)

Cant find much if any real info' or pics on Willows :no:

But from what I gather they are described as having longer style bodies and this one I saw had a gorgeous big bellied, short round fantail body, but just had the long comet style tail :)

Cant find much if any real info' or pics on Willows :no:

But from what I gather they are described as having longer style bodies and this one I saw had a gorgeous big bellied, short round fantail body, but just had the long comet style tail :)

It sounds more like a nymph to me. Many fancies are "born" with only a single tail, just like many have only one anal fin. Usually these are culled, but sometimes especially mass breeders either miss some during the culling process or don't care enough to cull them all.

I personally find them very interesting.

If you have enough room for another fancy, and you really like the fish, then go get him. Make sure you QT him properly for at least four weeks though, since you said most of their fish are ill looking. And of course, pictures are demanded :D

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang