Betta/ADF/Oto feeding video for pandamanda111

A day late, sorry, but here you go. As you see, no big deal at all.

The only problem was that since I was doing this with only one hand, I didn't toss the crumbled up frog bites into the tank hard enough, but just dropped them in. That causes them to stay on the surface for a couple minutes and Donna Noble went NUTS seeing all the food floating past her betta cup :rofl:rofl2

Also, be prepared for epic ADF fight. These guys get so worked up over food, it's ridiculous! I think it also doesn't help that they have they meet the visual requirements of moles and think that the other frog each is a piece of yummy life food :doh11:

Oh, and the tapping with my finger nail sounds MUCH louder on the video than it really is. Just like all the rustling from the food bag.

Thanks a ton, Fang! They are so cute :) I love how willingly she goes into her cup! :heart that is some CRAZY frog fighting! What, do you starve them?? :rofl

Edited by pandamanda111

Thanks a ton, Fang! They are so cute :)

Have you even watched it yet? The video is 5+ minutes long and you commented 1 minute after I posted this! :rofl

Haha, notice I didnt say anything about the video, I just said thanks and that they are cute! :rofl I saw you were looking at the thread so I quickly posted a thank you :)

Thanks a ton, Fang! They are so cute :)

Have you even watched it yet? The video is 5+ minutes long and you commented 1 minute after I posted this! :rofl

Haha, notice I didnt say anything about the video, I just said thanks and that they are cute! :rofl I saw you were looking at the thread so I quickly posted a thank you :)

Great excuse :lol

Nah, just messing with you :D

such nice little critters....................love the betta and the ottos............the ADF kinda creep me out.... :teehee ..........but I'm sure they are cool...............nice set up you have there......... ;)

aww what a good little Betta lady you have raised swimming right into her cup ;) I love your frogs :) is one bigger than the other??do you supplement the oto's feeding with algae wafers of anything??

• Supporter

Fun video. I love the betta in the cup idea. I took my female out of the tropical tank because she never got any food. If I decide to put one back in ther I'll use your cup idea to feed them. :)

Nice video, Fang! :thumbs:

I was so nervous when you drop the food and no one was there and you started tapping on the glass. I was having visions of dropping pieces of bloody meat into the water, making some noise, and waiting for Jaws to show up :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wow Donna is super trained!

Do the frogs bite each other by accident? My water turtles do that too! (and also because one is mad at the other for stealing a piece of food) so now I am SUPER paranoid! They have pretty strong bites.

aww what a good little Betta lady you have raised swimming right into her cup ;) I love your frogs :) is one bigger than the other??do you supplement the oto's feeding with algae wafers of anything??

Yes, I assume the bigger (and fatter) one is the female. Both eat pretty much the same, but she is one chubby monster LOL

I usually feed actual veggies for the otos. Algae wafers are hopelessly consumed by the betta. No joke. She's like a goldfish in disguise. She actually even occasionally nibbles on the steamed veggies! :yikes

Fun video. I love the betta in the cup idea. I took my female out of the tropical tank because she never got any food. If I decide to put one back in ther I'll use your cup idea to feed them. :)

Yep, it works really good with the cup, since she realized this means FOOD. :)

Nice video, Fang! :thumbs:

I was so nervous when you drop the food and no one was there and you started tapping on the glass. I was having visions of dropping pieces of bloody meat into the water, making some noise, and waiting for Jaws to show up :rofl :rofl :rofl

Duh-dun.

Duh-dun.

Duh-dun.

Duh-dun duh-dun duh-dun duh-dun duh-dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-dun

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-dun

Wow Donna is super trained!

Do the frogs bite each other by accident? My water turtles do that too! (and also because one is mad at the other for stealing a piece of food) so now I am SUPER paranoid! They have pretty strong bites.

I think it's partly accident, partly food-madness. They don't bite too hard though, since their little mouths are all soft. I had Flopp "bite" me a few times in the finger, thinking it's food. It's like an ultra light pinch. Never saw any injuries on the frogs either.

That said usually they don't go at it as bad as here. Of course when I was taking the video, they kind of went nuts. Maybe it was because I fed them in the morning, which I normally don't do. I didn't get to take the video for Mandie that night, and the frogs and fish had to fast until morning LOL

:lol your betta was like... WTH why am I in this cup :lol:rofl

Especially when the crushed frog bite pellets float past her. She's like WTF THERE IS FOOD OUT THERE SOMEONE LET ME OOOOOUUUUUUUUUT!!! :rofl

How long did it take for Donna to willingly swim into the cup? :)

Well, she's not exactly willingly swimming into it. She comes close to the surface, and I scoop her up. Originally she tried to get away, but not so much anymore. I think she figured out that this means that food will be handed out LOL

Honestly no idea how long it took. She already always came to the top at feeding time, before she lived with the frogs and otos.

Those are some awesome plants. What are they, and what are the requirements to grow them?

Thanks!

I can't tell you too much about the requirements but that all of them are rather low light plants. :D

The floating plant with the mini-lily-pad look is Brazilian Pennywort. The pinkish ones are dwarf lilies, the taller (it's actually floating-ish) green one to the dwarf lily's right is anubias nana. The rest are some small java ferns.

The big red and green plant to the far right is a plastic plant LOL

There are also a few random clippings of anacharis floating around in there.

This tank has only the LED light fixture that comes with it. No idea about its actual output. No Co2 or fertilizer, it all comes from the betta, two otos and two frogs. :)