Sign in to follow this  
dogsbykat

Boo Radley

I wasn't going to introduce this guy until his qt was over since he was virtually invisible in his white tub, but there was no point in Pippin's tank sitting empty so I cleaned it and moved him over.

This guy was a 100% emotionally based impulse buy. I was at my favorite pet shop picking up a few things and chatting with the owner (I'm starting to set up space in my spare room to try breeding some of my fish and hopefully grow out some fry and she was giving me ideas on where I could sell them if I am successful). I overheard one of the staff members trying unsuccessfully to explain to a family why their goldfish kept dying (tanks are too small, overfeeding, not cleaning enough) and it sounded like they had been regular weekly customers for awhile, each time for 2 new goldfish, one for each kid's room :thud Mom and Dad wanted to buy another round of 2 for $1.00 feeders, but their little girl wanted "the white one" and pointed to this little white lion head. Dad didn't want to spend $5 so they finally agreed that if he was still there next week "after they flushed these ones", she could have him :( The door had barely closed behind them and I asked her to bag the little guy for me, baha, I know I can't save them all and maybe it was a PMS-y emotional moment, but I didn't want this little cutie to live in a gallon for a week, then be flushed :( I had already bought some tubs for breeding, so I definitely had the space; he's only an inch long plus tail so he's definitely got some grow out time, lol :D Sorry for the long winded intro, lol, here are some pics of my new guy, Boo Radley, thanks for looking :)

011-3.jpg010-7.jpg014-4.jpg

congratulations.. he's so shiny :heart

He's already grown a little since I got him, I wish I would have taken pics in my hand when I first got him.

Thanks Helen :)

He's a cutie, congrats!

congratulations.. he's so shiny :heart

That's exactly what I was going to say. His metallic scales are amazing! :)

:Congrats: Kathy! I would have done the same thing. I think you will have so many awesome years with Boo Radley!

Edited by dnalex

Thanks guys :) I'm definitely glad I got him, more than a week has passed so I'm sure the family has already been back to the store for more fish :(

He is tooooooo cute! And the name is just adorable :D I also love the story.

What a beauty!! I really love the name as well. Congratulations. :)

He's a little cutie, isn't he. Also, I love the To Kill a Mockingbird reference :)

Also, I love the To Kill a Mockingbird reference :)

Buggybear is another avid reader on the forum, Daniel! :)

He's lovely!

That family should buy a plastic fish!

Also, I love the To Kill a Mockingbird reference :)

Buggybear is another avid reader on the forum, Daniel! :)

That's cool! Anyone, who's read To Kill a Mockingbird is a-ok in my book ;)

Adorable! He's like a baby Penny :heart

Awww isn't he an adorable little guy! I am happy you saved him from these people! :)

Oh my Gosh he is too cute :) Congrats on the new Addition :) he reminds me of my Mama Finns ;) So Glad you saved him :)

Thanks guys :) To Kill A Mockingbird is a favorite of mine, this is my 3rd fish with a name from it, lol ;) And plastic fish would have been an excellent suggestion for this family! It really annoyed me that they didn't care why their fish were dying, easier for them to just keep buying new ones to amuse their children :(

What an adorable little thing. I love the name, my favorite book.

I'd probably have done the same lol, look at how cute he is :D

He's very cute :) I love little ranchus :heart

I'm proud that I totally understood the To Kill a Mockingbird reference as well..... I enjoyed that book :)

People like that frustrate me to no end!!!! You think that eventually you would get a clue and realize you are doing something wrong. How could you have that little of a care about somethings life???? Glad you rescued the little guy :)

He has such an adorable little lemon head! He's going to grow into an amazing fish.

Thanks guys :) It frustrates me to no end when parents take pet ownership so lightly, instead of teaching their kids extremely valuable life lessons at a young age, they're teaching them that living, breathing creatures are disposable :( Who knows how many more feeder fish they'll go through before they give up?!

RanchuDressing, do you think he's a lemon head? I thought I saw a hint of yellow once he was under lights, but assumed it was wishful thinking, lol :D

Omgosh, what a cutie. Yay for rescuing him!! :D

Very pretty and the back is perfect. :clapping: