First Betta, Blyth Tait! :)

I went to Petsmart today to pick up cat food. I usually breeze past the shelf loaded with little cups full of mysterious blue water and a little angry fishies... but the recent Koko's betta craze had me curious.

I found one I loved but I wasn't convinced I needed it so I continued to the kitty section. While I was deciding whether to get the cats Turkey Liver Patte or Salmon Symphony I noticed a little boy browsing the bettas. I saw he was picking up "mine" and I totally freaked.

I strolled over there with my cart and I picked up another betta that I liked (but not as much) and I raved about it to the husband. I then put it back on the shelf and went to the doggie toy section.

My plan worked! The boy bought it. I felt sort of bad.. but that one was nice too :P

Anyway, here is my new betta! His name it Blyth Tait. He settled in the 10 gallon very quickly :)

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

Thanks for looking!

He's gorgeous!

And no worries, I've done that a number of times to make sure I got the one I wanted. Even managed to convince a kid that you could only have one betta period,and that they'd try to attack each other even if they were in different rooms. :peeka Not sure what's worse: that I told the kid that, or that he believed me...xD

He's gorgeous!

And no worries, I've done that a number of times to make sure I got the one I wanted. Even managed to convince a kid that you could only have one betta period,and that they'd try to attack each other even if they were in different rooms. :peeka Not sure what's worse: that I told the kid that, or that he believed me...xD

Hahaha, did you tell him that they would jump out of their tanks or what? :rofl

Ooo, Emily, he's so vibrant and beautiful! Way to go!!

Thanks! He looked so healthy and responsive that I couldn't resist.

Blyth Tait is super gorgeous, Emily! :Congrats:

Did you get cat food? :rofl

:rofl Oh yes. I'm not 100% sure the cats would have let me live if I didn't bring food home :D

Aw Em,he's beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful :wub: Congratulations on your 1st betta!

Thanks Susan :D I'm excited!

He's gorgeous!

Alex, don't you know that cat food is over rated when bettas are involved? :rofl3

Thank you! LOL right? I'm glad I did get cat food.. b/c little Blyth may have ended up AS cat food :rofl

He is beautiful, I know what you mean, all these pictures are starting to make me wonder what I am missing out on :teehee

You're missing out on lots! I have.... 6 bettas...? Is it bad that I can't count them off the top of my head? LOL