Mr. Betta's Change

rai-nbow

So, I didn't know that bettas changed colors that much!!! My betta guy has drastically changed since getting him-- for the better of course~ :D

Before:

Betta3.jpg

Betta2.jpg

Now:

With flash-

Betta1-3.jpg

Without:

Betta2-1.jpg

Betta3-1.jpg

Crazy!! :D :D :D

Thanks for looking!!~

I think it is some sort of optical illusion :rofl

But seriously that's amazing, and his colouration is quite striking.

Edited by dan in aus

Wow, thats amazing! This is called "marbling." Not too long ago, it used to be pretty rare, but its becoming quite common now. I had a male go from completely white, to a very pretty rusty brown, with a bit of icy blue in his fins in just a few months. Some marbles continue to change throughout their whole lives, and some change, and then stay like that. It'll be fun to see what happens with your guy next :)

He is pretty :) I was telling Fede that when selling fry from marble parents, you have to say that a parent was a marble. Because they will be forever changing. I had one boy go from blue, to white, to white with blue fins.

He's gorgeous! All these pics of these beta is making me feel like I'm missing out on something. I think my hubby might have me comitted if I add another tank :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, that's quite a change!

My betta was completely opaque, at least thats what they called him at the store. You can see a pic of him under the thread Gandalf. Then a few weeks ago he got a bluish grey spot on his tail, then another one. Then a couple weeks ago he got red streaks on his bottom fin and what looked like a red "rash" on his head. I was devastated and in a panic because I was sure he had septicemia and was going to die! I was all over the web for hours trying to find the best way to treat him. I finally posted pics ( on another forum before I found this one) and they all said he was not sick ( he never acted sick either) and that it was him changing color and he was probably 'marbaling". That was the first time I'd ever heard of it. I didn't know they changed colors either. Now it will be interesting to see if it continues. I'm going to try to photo document it. It's fun but to be honest I really liked the color he was. Lol. But I still love him :-)

Edited by Greylady