OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

BriansMom

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep on feeding him as much MMs as he can eat, and you can help him as you've been doing if needed. It is going to be a long haul, unfortunately.

How is the sore on his chin?

Blahh, I am getting so exhausted from the stress. I have been syringe feeding him 2-3 times a day, maybe I should kick it up some more....

Sore is completely gone.

Edited by Thea

Well, so you know that the treatment plan is having an effect, since the sore is gone :)

I'm sorry. Having sick fish is really stressful, and when it's something that doesn't resolve quickly, it is really frustrating. However, you are doing everything you could for him, and now we fall into that long period of convalescence, with lots of waiting and waiting.

I understand, I cant believe its only been 4 days. Things will get easier when/if he starts to eat on his own. I also have been hand feeding MM to another fish for 2 weeks now..... My arm is wet 75% of the day. Haha.

At least I have tomorrow off of work :read

Thanks again for all your help, it means so much and has made this as easy as something like this could get

Anytime, that's what we here for :)

(Btw, I just noticed all your pets! There's a Koko's Kritters section. You should post some pics of them when you get a chance. I also have a chihuahua. He's 7 years old, going 97, and very spoiled :rofl)

Hi guys,

I figured out why he isnt eating the MM. he kept starting to eat it and then spit it out like he didnt like the taste. So today I just wanted to try and feed him his omega one pellets and he loved them. So clearly he just hates the taste. I tried garlic but that didnt work.

I will keep syringing him but should I also feed him his other food to keep him happy?

No change really. Still just kind of mopey but its hard to tell when hes in such a small tank compared to his original. I think his stomach is still soft, I dont bug him by looking, I will just notice when I am holding him when I feed him it still feels that way. I dont see many poops though, just white, long ones. My BF claimed he saw him poop normal today but I dont know if he knows what he is talking about :) He responds to me when I come over though so thats good and I feel better knowing he still wants to eat but just didnt like the MM.

I'm becoming more patient with all this :) Keeping the faith!

Edited by Thea

Can anyone tell me when I should expect my MM? I ordered them and they shipped monday so I hope they come soon because I am out! Should I add metro to the water until then?

Also, does color change happen much quicker in warmer water? He was probaly 30% black when I started QT a week and a half ago and he has just a tiny bit of black left! It is crazy, but he looks cute none the less :)

Edited by Thea

They came today! I am impressed, I will have to send him my thanks with how quick they are. Oh, and he eats them on his own now! No more messes everywhere to prepare syringe full of food. :D He's looking good by the way! Eager to eat and a little more active. I haven't checked his stomach but I am not going to bother because me bugging him isn't going to affect his outcome so I will just leave him alone. I cant wait to get him back in his home tank but I still got 20 more days.

He is very active but still at the bottom. I actually feel very comfortable with how his quality of life is now. I feel bad I am probably not giving him as much food as I should but I have been busy with work and I cant just drop the food in there for him to eat. He probably gets at least 20 pellets a day hand fed to him (he can only eat about 3 at a time) but should be getting maybe 30. He has about a week left to go.

Check out my new fish, I used to have this black and orange oranda but someone replaced it with an all orange oranda pretty much over night!

IMG_7402.jpg

A month ago

IMG_6744.jpg

2 days ago!!!!!!

IMG_7343.jpg

What the heck!

Ok, my curiousity got to me and I checked him out. He is not soft anywhere!!! I am so thrilled. Thanks Alex for all your help, you knew I didnt think he would make it but I am feeling confident now!

So finish the full 30 days and then move him back into his home?

Thats wonderful! I would suggest the full 30 days followed by either JumpStart or some gel food with probiotics in it. This will help build up his immunity again before he gets back with the others.

• Supporter

look how far you've come with Toby hun :heart congratulations on this wonderful progress and i look forward to reading more good news :)

i agree with federica on the JumpStart after 30 days of medicated food.