Sign in to follow this  
BriansMom

OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

oooh they lose teeth all the time!.. there isn't a week go by that i don't pull 2 or 3 teeth out from the bottom of the tanks. that's absolutely normal. don't worry for that..

good news and congratulations that he's eating again! please take close notice of any poop so we can see how his insides are doing :)

I think he may have spit them out, I went back and they were there again :( I will use the syringe when I am done with work if I dont see improvements.

Since he stopped eating, I dont see poops much anymore. The are very skinny or the white with fuzzy brown pieces every few centimeters..... Is that cuz the food is runny the past 24 hours?

no, the poops should still be somewhat normal as i saw the mixture you're feeding him and it's quite thick as opposed to how i would feed. but all good. when you said that he was eating on his own, what had you fed him?

MM broken into pieces. Im gonna go get the garlic after work to try. I just did the syringe, Ill just go back to work late :S

When I put it in his mouth, he wont eat it, he just will sit there with his mouth open. And I did much smaller amounts too....

ok hun.. just watch his poop from here on.. take photos or a video if you like to show us too :)

good luck! you're doing a great job over there :heart

Sounds good! I suppose since I made it pretty runny today, it slid down even if he kept his mouth open.

wonderful :) remember, frequent feeds is better, less stress. if he seems stressed at all, let him be, you can always try again 10 mins later. it's perfectly fine :)

night from me :hi , i'll check back in the morning :)

K more questions :)

-I have been reading topics on here and a lot of mushy bellys are told to use epsom salt... I am just using regular aquarium salt, correct? I bought jungle but normally I get API, I assume jungle is the same...

-I just soaked the MM food in garlic but still didnt appetize him... I did the syringe and I am still having bad luck. Maybe I am feeding too much still but when he opens and closes after I put it in it comes right out with the closing motion. I still think he is getting some since I see poop but its so messy! I am going to use less next time.

-Does it burn his eyes when it runs over them, especially with garlic in it?

-Inside he looks pretty thick on the lower area of his mouth which is where that sore was (but on the outside of the mouth), are they typically raised in that area (like where a tongue would be on a person), or is it protruding and perhaps closing some mouth space up a bit? That would explain it a little, and hopefully the swelling will go down soon if the sore did.... IF its abnormal, for all I know it could be 100% normal

He feels MAYBE a bit more firm in the belly area but still very soft about his butt area. Now someone asked me earlier if he is a boy for sure and I said NO. In fact, I kind of think he may be a she. Does it get soft in that area with eggs? Is there any way Greg is eggbound?

His vent looks like an innie which represents male BUT my other oranda who I believe is male has "sniffed around" Greg back there so I thought maybe that said something. And for how mature he is, I have never seen breeding stars....

Holy crap! Look how much he has changed in color in TWO MONTHS!! I miss the black so much!

IMG_6744.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

Does he/she seem more bloated?

Looks to me like Greg is more bloated. I have no advice to offer just wishing you luck in the treatment :)

Should I just continue to use the syringe? Or should I put metro back into the tank?

Go ahead and put the metro in the tank, but try to feed as well.

He is firmer in the stomach area, does that mean the infection may be clearing up? But still very soft right below his vent

http://eekers.paper-...int_anatomy.jpg

According to this diagram, would that mean its his intestines that are suffering or is the soft part fluid in him that could be affected by any organ?

And at what point would be be ok to go back in the main tank? When he is eating and no longer soft?

How long am I able to feed him the MM?

Edited by Thea

He has a while to go. Metro-Meds needs to be fed for at least 14 days, and can go on for longer, depending on the circumstance. I would plan on having him on MMs for at least 3 weeks.

Ok sounds good. Im gonna go get a bigger tank or a bin, I change the water so often and I think I may have bought all the salt in town!

Is there anything I should do about the bloating? I never noticed it until I was looking at pictures of him 2 months ago, and I think he has definitely bloated up. See a few posts up if you didnt see it.... Im not sure if MM helps that or not

I think it will help.

What I've done in the past (and will do for the future) is to get two tubs of the same size. Then I just fill up with water and transfer them back and forth when you do WCs as needed.

Ooook, I have another question. Im sorry, I just keep running into things that I dont know are OK or not....

He hangs out by the filter a lot and his back fins stick to it, does that cause any harm?

I would block that somehow, because that could cause him to get stuck to it, or for him to get an infection.

Yup :)

No poops today besides long stringy white stuff everywhere, attached to the heater and bubbler... :unsure:

Any chance you could upload a small video?