Sign in to follow this  
BriansMom

OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

That spot looks more gelatinous to me,as opposed to blistery :idont

Ok I am just going to keep calm and let god take over :devilangel

He isnt eating now but I really think its because its uncomfortable for him. He seems to want to but everytime he does he slams into that spot and seems to get frustrated. Kukana, what do you think gelatinous tell us? What are the options it could be? Ulcer, blister, abscess, tumor? I guess I would just like to know if it is something that could contaminate the others.

I got the melafix and salt in. And attempting to feed him so now I will just wait and pray <3

I'm afraid I don't know what that would be indicative of-sorry! It was just an observation........Are you crushing the pellets?

This morning he would eat them as is so when I added more I figured he would but he didnt. They have broken down into mush in the past hour but he still hasnt ate it. I'll give it some time, I could have aggravated it when I weighed him and took pictures.

Are you keeping an eye on the params? If food is breaking down into mush-it could fowl quickly........

Yeah I have thought of that, I havent tested it yet but I have been doing big water changes frequently. Ill test it here soon, I just changed the water about an hour ago

I'm so sorry the little dear is not doing well :( I just wanted to say that Puff (who is 95 grams) is getting about 35 pellets of MMs a day.

Hope this helps!

My scale must not work because when I did your ratio the WHOLE bag was just over 1 oz and the bag is HUGE!

So I converted my 6 oz to grams and it says he would be 170 grams. That is almost twice as much as yours! So that would be about 60 pellets.

What the heck, does that sound right?

Edited by Thea

Sorry I should clarify.....

He is 6 oz. So dnlax said .6 oz to feed him. The baggie MJ sent me of MM is pretty large and it weighed about 1 oz. So even half of that looks like a ton of food. Probably a 1/4 a cup..... Something just seems off....

Ahh I used a converter online because I had no idea.... Must have messed something up. So if tithras fish is 95 grams and mine is 17. I would be feeding mine like about 1/5 of what she does (35 pellets)

So I would be feeding him less than 10 pellets a day? Does that sound right? I sure hope not because he has eaten way more than that today!

Thea, the correct amount of food would be 1.7 grams of food per day. That IS a lot of food, so for now try to get as much into him as you can, starting with the amount that tithra uses to feed Puff. The priority is to get him to eat, and eat. Make you give him as many small meals each as you can. This is much more preferable to a couple of large meals.

How is he doing?

FYI-your fish is 170g.........But listen to Alex......

Woah, that is a lot of food. I had to double check because it didnt seem right.

He is doing ok. He still swims around, he seems to be weird but all of my fish do in QT with such a small tank. He goes in spurts with eating. He either chows down or he tries to eat but cant (maybe bothers him to).... right now he is eating.

I think the sore is getting better, less red and maybe less raised, but now he looks red inside of his mouth but he didnt yesterday...

Do what you can, and cross your fingers. He is fighting a tough battle, unfortunately.

Are you crushing the pellets?

(Hey Alex-do you want me to stop asking Qs ?)

Why? :o

Im kind of mixing things up based on how he is doing.

If he is eager to eat, I break them in half and he seems to have no problem and wants more, more, more. He is pooping A LOT with the temp up and it get everywhere so if I mush them, it is hard for him to eat when it mixes up with it. I have been syphoning poop constantly to keep things clean and easy for him to eat. I think he is just going through spurts of discomfort is my guess.

Thank again for you guys help. I will continue to fight with him and will update you if anything changes. He is a trooper.

Until next time, is there anything I should check as time goes on...... Should I keep an eye on his stomach to see if it firms up or is that a gradual thing I shouldnt worry about.

Thank you, thank you , thank you. I would be lost without you guys.

Goodnight.

Why? :o

I just thought I'd ask in case you were thinking "Geez,I wish she would cool it" :P

Good night,Thea :sleeping:

Sore looks better. Still big/liquidy looking but a lot less red. Not eating again, will check on him at lunch....

I'm hoping he keep doing better, you might give an updated pictures so the pros can see the progress.

I stole a syringe from my dad (dentist, not junkie ;) ) and took out the needle and have been attempting to feed him mush.... I lift his mouth barely out of the water and squeeze it in but then he spits most of it out when I put him back in the water. Do you still think he is getting some or do you have any advice?

His sore looks A LOT better though, almost not red at all but still big and lumpy. I cant tell if his mouth is red inside, at times it does and at times it doesnt. Let me know if you would like pictures at anytime, I can always do it but prefer not to stress him out :)

Edited by Thea

Are you syringing b/c he's not eating today? I would try for just crushed up in the tank-I know it's messy,but it's less stressful......

Ok I will try that.... Ill just keep syphoning out his waste whenever I see it.

My bubbas spot looks so good! I am excited about that. It has gone down a lot so now its raised a bit, about a 1/4 inch wide and all fish colored rather than red except one small spot is dark red. That dark red spot looked kind of pointed yesterday. Does that sound like anything you are familiar with, in how it is healing?

Hes really soft about his vent... Not excited about that.... When I touched it my heart just sank.

How long is a healing process for a fish typically? If he does get better, when would you expect me to notice a difference in behavior and soft stomach?

Anywhere between a week and a month?