Sign in to follow this  
BriansMom

OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

Sweet Dreams Baby Boy :heart

I cant help but wonder if I did the right thing....

Thanks everyone. And thanks Alex for all your help through all of this. I know we did everything we could.

*Hugs*

You did what was necessary to help him. Look at how long and all that you've done to help him. It wasn't an easy decision by any stretch, and I am really sorry you had to go through it :(

Thea, you did a brave thing at the right time in my opinion, I believe there was some suffering felt by Gregory and you relieved him of it. Hugs to you. RIP Gregory :heart

Im truly so sorry hun..... It almost looks like what ever the infection was got into his nervous system hun... At that point there isnt anything you can do put to let him rest.... Im sorry hun..:cry:crying:

Thanks you guys :(

I slept terrible last night, kept thinking I had a nightmare only to realize what really did happen :cry

This was my first, real loss so it was very difficult :(

He went very quicky, did a few more jumps and one big breath and no more movement, less than a minute I think

I feel better you guys think he was suffering and nothing could have been done because I really started to second guess what I did, even wanted to pull him out quick after I put him in....

I dug a hole and will bury him after work :rip:

:[ I'm so sorry thea, you really went above and beyond for the little guy. Sometimes though our best efforts aren't enough, but clove oil is the best way to go for a fish. It was clear how much you cared for the little guy and I'm really sorry for your loss <3

Guest Slade

Thanks you guys :(

I slept terrible last night, kept thinking I had a nightmare only to realize what really did happen :cry

This was my first, real loss so it was very difficult :(

He went very quicky, did a few more jumps and one big breath and no more movement, less than a minute I think

I feel better you guys think he was suffering and nothing could have been done because I really started to second guess what I did, even wanted to pull him out quick after I put him in....

I dug a hole and will bury him after work :rip:

Guest Slade

Im not even gonna lie, I spent two hours last night reading this entire forum topic from start to finish. And I am super sad of the outcome, but I decided to make an account just to tell you Thea that you are by far the most dedicated pet owner I have ever seen. (not that I'm actually seeing you, but you get the idea.) I'm sorry about Gregory. He was a cute little guy, and he put up quite a fight all because of your determination. I myself am a new fish owner. I have two goldfish. Well, technically I have one and my fianc? has one. She got a gold and white one with black eyes and fancy fins, and I have a black telescope fancy goldfish. I've grown pretty attached to my little guy, and he has outlived 3 other fish and a snail. A bunch of stuff behind that, but yeah, just wanted to also tell Alex and the other people that assisted with this problem for three months, that you guys rock, and I also will be posting here should I have any problems with my goldfish.

Im not even gonna lie, I spent two hours last night reading this entire forum topic from start to finish. And I am super sad of the outcome, but I decided to make an account just to tell you Thea that you are by far the most dedicated pet owner I have ever seen. (not that I'm actually seeing you, but you get the idea.) I'm sorry about Gregory. He was a cute little guy, and he put up quite a fight all because of your determination. I myself am a new fish owner. I have two goldfish. Well, technically I have one and my fiancé has one. She got a gold and white one with black eyes and fancy fins, and I have a black telescope fancy goldfish. I've grown pretty attached to my little guy, and he has outlived 3 other fish and a snail. A bunch of stuff behind that, but yeah, just wanted to also tell Alex and the other people that assisted with this problem for three months, that you guys rock, and I also will be posting here should I have any problems with my goldfish.

Thank you very much :)

Unfortunately, I get way too attached to any and every animal which makes it very hard to go through everything. I had a lot of great help from everyone on here and an extremely special fish that never stopped fighting. I am sad of the outcome too and I still think of him. The best ones seem to go too fast.

Good luck with your fish! The best advice I have to offer is to keep the water as clean as possible and never overstock the tank!! Water with goldfish doesnt stay clean very long :P And it can lead to sooo many problems. I'm glad you found this site because it has everything you need to know. Seems like most people find this site (including me) when they have a sick fish so your lucky you know where to go if you ever need it!

Thanks again for your kind words!