OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

BriansMom

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought also was to check Ph and if you have a heater or anything like that running check to make sure that there is no electrical current somehow running in the water, just to rule those things out as potential issues.

:( I'm so sorry Thea. I hope he pulls through for you. He is such a beautiful fish :k055:

• Supporter

thea hun. i just got the report. i am really new to the party here.

firstly, i want to say that your dedication to your fish Gregory has really found a place in my heart and i am really sorry that he's still struggling. truth is, without your dedication, he would never have got this far. he's a very lucky boy to be in your care :heart

i have seen this twitching before. my fish Sir Loyn displayed twicthing like this and unfortunately, he didn't seem to regain strength or correct health issues from that point onwards. eventually, i lost him :( it's almost like he had the hiccups :(

all i can advise is to keep the water clean.. this may be difficult for you to do, i know, i had to also, my fish are my kids and i hurt for them just the same. it came to a point where i made the decision to euth. i hope these words do not come accross to you as being harsh.

you really have done all that i would do to try and have him turn around. the support offered to you via our members here has been excellent and your executing to detail has been perfect. unfortunately, we can't save them all, no matter how hard we try. i really think that Gregory is saying goodbye :(

if there is no other influence causing this reaction. ie, sudden water temperature change, PH crash.. if there is nothing out of the norm, then he is weakening and he's on his way out.

the decision is yours to make, i have shared my thoughts with you based on my own experiences and decisions. i wish you and Gregory the best of luck. just understand, you are a wonderful fish mummy and Gregory i am sure is feeling the love :heart

My first thought also was to check Ph and if you have a heater or anything like that running check to make sure that there is no electrical current somehow running in the water, just to rule those things out as potential issues.

:( I'm so sorry Thea. I hope he pulls through for you. He is such a beautiful fish :k055:

I pulled out my heater right away wondering the same thing, it felt pretty warm when I took it out, is it normally supposed to? My temp wasnt different though. I think he may be curled a bit but its hard to know since hes floating. His eye looks odd though, like its further into the "hole" of the wen.

Ughhh, I hate losing pets. I am so sensitive to/deathly afraid of death and I love animals so the two together just really dont mend well for me. This is awful, I hope he goes fast because he doesnt look well at all. :cry1

Thanks for all your kind words guys and your help for these long 3 never haulting months

i have seen this twitching before. my fish Sir Loyn displayed twicthing like this and unfortunately, he didn't seem to regain strength or correct health issues from that point onwards. eventually, i lost him :( it's almost like he had the hiccups :(

all i can advise is to keep the water clean.. this may be difficult for you to do, i know, i had to also, my fish are my kids and i hurt for them just the same. it came to a point where i made the decision to euth. i hope these words do not come accross to you as being harsh.

the decision is yours to make, i have shared my thoughts with you based on my own experiences and decisions. i wish you and Gregory the best of luck. just understand, you are a wonderful fish mummy and Gregory i am sure is feeling the love :heart

Thanks a lot stakos. I am not sure if anything caused it, I change the water SO fast when I saw it so I didnt check the params. The only thing new was the melafix but he has gotten that before in the past...... I hope the heater didnt cause it because I hate those things and was hesitant to use it.

And dont worry, I dont take your words as harsh. Its nice to hear anything at all. I really wish I could euth but I dont have the supplies to do so :(

• Supporter

i'm sorry hun, i wish i could send you some supplies. here in AU, i found pure clove oil in the Pharmacy for just a few dollars for a very small quantity and not much of that is needed at all.

heaters can be scary in QT, i admit, i was fearful to use my heater in the QT tank also, but it was the only way to keep the heat up for treatment purposes. if you have a glass heater, the top part of it should be cool to touch. when the heater is in the water, the lower part should be warm to almost hot to touch, when it's out of the water (which it should never be whilst operating) the lower half should be almost sizzling hot if set at 80F.

i only have glass heaters, i can't comment on others as i have never experienced them.

Well I guess it was normal. Mine is black, maybe ceramic.

I just peeked on him and he still is jumping around which is so hard to watch. I just asked my dad (who is a dentist) if the clove oil he uses at work is the average kind that I am looking for. Hopefully I hear back asap.

• Supporter

Well I guess it was normal. Mine is black, maybe ceramic.

I just peeked on him and he still is jumping around which is so hard to watch. I just asked my dad (who is a dentist) if the clove oil he uses at work is the average kind that I am looking for. Hopefully I hear back asap.

i know hun.. it's very hard to watch :( only because you know there's not much you can do :(

and yes, here we sell it to relieve tooth ache, i am sure your father has the right stuff at his work. it needs to be pure clove oil. here's how it's sold here in AUS..

4351470d.jpg

I dont think I can bear to keep watching him, he has to be miserable.

My mom said my dad is sleeping. Do you think it is the same clove oil in a dental office (You know, the terrible dental office smell :P) ? I think I am going to go get it but I can picture the bottle and I think its blank. And I doubt there is a box for it anywhere.

EDIT- You guys are quick as usual! I am going to go get it I think, he physically looks terrible and I know its the end, I would like to help him. Thanks again.

Edited by Thea

Now I need your guys judgement. The bottle I was thinking of was formocresol, definitely dont want to use THAT. But I found a glass brown jar that I am 90% sure is clove oil. It has that distinct smell, almost like potpourri smelling. I dont know if I should risk it but what do you think?

As much as I never thought I would be able to, I think I should. He is so jumpy that I am afraid he is suffering. And with his cloudy/sunken eyes, pale appearence, frayed fins, and everything he has been through...... I am guessing he isnt going to make it.

Want to remind me how to do this? :(

-Also, it looks pretty old. (the jar) Does it expire?

Edited by Thea

It doesn't. Here's what you do: (please read through directions first and then attempt)

Get a 1 gallon jug. Measure out about 1/2 to 1 gallon and add 2ml clove oil per gallon to the water. Shake vigorously, the way you would a nitrate test. Then, pour this out into a container, and gently place him in it. Watch for his gill movements. When it stops, start a timer and let him stay in the solution for at least another 30 minutes. Then, transfer him into a ziploc bag and place in the freezer.

I'm so sorry, Thea :(