OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

BriansMom

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, Thea. That looks to have ulcerated. There are a few things you can try, going from most gentle to harsh

1. Salt 0.2-0.3% + Melafix

2. Metro-Meds/Medi-Gold

3. Maracyn 2

No. Since you are very experienced and know your fish best, I'm just presenting with the different treatment options that are viable. :)

I think the salt should work fine, although if after two days you see things getting worse, then definitely step things up.

Medi-Gold is the much stronger antibiotic food from GC. It's better at reaching peripheral tissues, but because it's so strong, it can also can some major kidney damage.

I think the Metro-Meds should be good, should you choose to go that route :)

Alrighty, I was thinking thats what they were so I feel a bit relieved you arent urging me to go that way. It really isnt too much worse than the last round so I am keeping it mellow for now. I added salt and melafix for now hoping that will do the trick. I also put the colander in there but it is too wide for the tank so he is able to swim from under it if he wants, but at least he wont be exposed to the air 24/7 if I can keep popping him under it as much as I can. I am going to try to get out of town to find a better solution to keep him under water.

It's an ulcer, but with a lot of things, sometimes they can recover on their own with minimal help :)

Did you start salting, or did this happen on its own?

Salt + melafix and submerged him with a colander

I keep thinking "maybe it will drain and he wont float anymore" LOL, a girl can dream.... :)

Edited by Thea

What an awesome job you are doing! :)

PS: if you get a chance, check out my topic under water params :) I am really struggling and at loss of what to do :(

Me? :rofl

:rofl I think people do, but after 21 pages, we are looking at some sort of forum record for longest thread :rofl

I have it opened in a tab on my computer. I'll definitely take a look after I get back from seeing my niece. :)

Haha do I get a special little medallion in my signature for that!? ;) If my luck continues its going to only get longer!!

Sounds good, thanks :)

Edited by Thea

Alex, I think I may be losing him

He is twitching really bad and acting really bizarre :cry1

Is there anything I can do for him?

Heres a vid- its still upoading

Edited by Thea

I just saw the video. I'm sorry, but I don't think he is going to make it :(

I wish there were something I could do/suggest to help, but I think he's fought it for as long as he could. You did the right thing to click the report button. I hope others on the mod team can chime in, if they can.