OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

BriansMom

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I think you should stop the MMs. Given the way he's not really responding to it, I would stop it and just feed him his regular food, but in much smaller quantities.

So assuming he probably will be a sinker then..... how does that work? The infection is in his SB and it bursts eventually? Hes still not eating really, just the blood worms.... do I syringe feed him his pellets? He cant eat peas mushed up so making gel food at this point would be worthless?

Whatever you can feed him will be fine. :)

As for eventually becoming a sinker, I think at some point one of both of the swim bladder lobes will deflate, and then he will sink. There is no tell when that will be though :(

Dang! He gets the baby food peas down so good! I got him to get at least a half a syringe down without spitting any up. I wish I would have known and I would have tried adding the metro powder to that... at least he would have swallowed some medicine. Oh well.

Maybe it will be good for him to get a bunch of food in him.

He is my baby after all!

I have been meaning to ask, at what point is MM no good? Keep in mind that I am terrible at keeping it open and sitting on my counter. I got it about 4 months ago. I think its time to order some new stuff to keep for next issue.

Greg was so proud of his eating, he wanted to show you. It looks awfully weird the way he chews now, doesnt it? And I havent found a tooth in there in over 3-4 weeks now.

Edited by Thea

I saw yellowish color in your water is that due to lighting or meds? I recently had such a horrific incident. My lfs told me my fish will definitely die. They gave up on her just like that. Now she is happier than ever.

Its mainly the lighting.... I took this right after a 100% water change but the MM tends to make my water a bit greenish/yellowish

Glad your fish is ok! I never give up on my animals either, yours is proof that we shouldnt

Thank you, its been about 3 months since it started but I still hope so too. I'll give him a break from meds, he seems to enjoy the blood worm and syringe baby food peas diet quite a bit so at least he is happy... just uncomfortable I guess

Im not sure if it stuck but I rubbed his fins and belly good but I honestly dont know if it stuck at all? Hopefully it helps....

I am leaving early AM tomorrow and wont be back until the day after late at night so he will be alone for almost 48 hours. Should I leave him in the 10g or add him to the 50?

Dont mean to pester but I am hoping you see this so I can check in the morning before I leave....

Leave him in his 10g and risk no water change for 48 hours or add him back to the 50g where he hasnt been for 3 weeks so I wont be able to monitor him before I leave?

You can move him back if you have a colander, or a breeder box, so that he doesn't get bothered.

Or, he can stay, if he hasn't had any issues with being stuck to the filter intake. That's really the only concern. You can give him a double or triple dose of Prime before you go, and I think he should be OK :)

K thanks! I think I will leave him to be safe. I just feel weird leaving him for so long, but hes been the same the past 3 weeks so its not like itll make a difference if I am around.

-I still have yet to see him poop too unless it just breaks down super fast

-Oh and no probs with filter intakes.... he should be fine unless he magically stops floating when I am gone :P

Edited by Thea