OMG HELP! Huge red pus sore out of nowhere!

BriansMom

Yeah they seem to kind of go through stages so that is what I was thinking. He is just so slow the past few months. Does a lot of free floating and not much swimming. It's probably been 2 months because I was treating them when Greg first got sick because that is what I initially thought it was. So I will stat with prazi now? How many rounds?

-Just syringed and he didnt get much down :tantrum

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're not cursed. I think the issue here is that because poor Toby is floor-bound for so long, he's somewhat of a magnet for infections, which at times can spread to the others.

Plus, even at the best of times, goldfish, like any other fish, will get sick. :(

Still no improvements. He is getting the MM down via syringe but not responding to it :( I tried mushed up peas again last night and no such luck. I have been off the maracyn for a couple days, should I do a round two after his break off of it? I want to do everything I can for him so I know I tried everything I could.

I'm sorry :(

I don't think we should try the Maracyn 2 again. If there were some improvements, then it would be cause to try it again, but since there was no response at all, I don't think it was effective :(

Let's continue the MMs.

My brain thinks too much.... I was just wondering if you could give me a ball park time frame that if he was to become a sinker, when do you think it would happen? Or whats the longest he could be stuck at the top? I just worry because his pelvic fins are starting to take a beating from being out of the water so much... and I am just curious to what I should expect. I dont remember Toby having any issues, it just happened over night so Im not familiar with this.

I wish I could tell you, but I just couldn't. :(

Do you have Vaseline? You could apply it to the areas that are sticking out of the water.

Hes keeps trying to get under the filter intake :( Is there something I can do to make him more comfortable where he can nudge under safely? I tried a cave type ornament but the hole to enter is too small for him.....

Well he is still floating big time. He seems to be swallowing a lot more of the MM (syringe) so I will look at it as a step forward. I am going to try blood worms tomorrow to see how his eating is doing. I wanted to today but battling this heat with my chickens has been caraazy.

I post daily so I can look back and track his progress :)

For floaters I always recommend a reptile hammock. It's just a plastic net with suction cups but it covers a corner of the tank so the fish can get underneath it and they come in a large variety of sizes. Heres what they look like click; you can find them in nearly every chain petstore. Hope it helps!

Im so excited :heart

I thought so this morning but I was running late to work so I didnt have time to really observe but I just got home and he still isnt! I'll just continue the MM and going to try blood worms tonight after work. I hope his eating habits have improved too :)

Alex, when do you suggest I stop the MM? I took that break off them while we did the maracyn treatments for a day or two so I don't know if I say I started from the first day he got them or if he started after the maracyn treatment. He ate the blood worms better than before but still had to do only a few at a time or he would spit them out. But he seemed a little more determined to eat than last week!

I was hoping his SB problems would cure completely but I am just happy he isn't at the top anymore. Do you think the head down/butt up issues is permanent at this point?