Sign in to follow this  
rayray&bub

API Pro series Fungus cure?

I have my fantail. he is about 1 1/2 years old. he is in a 55 gallon tank with my other goldfish. the ph is high and i believe thats how he got FIN ROT!! the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are all 0. I know to do water changes and all that. my real problem is that i have the medication API PRO SERIES FUNGUS CURE but i used it before on my oranda who had eye cloud and she ended up dying. that being said...

IS THE API MEDICATION I HAVE NOW THE RIGHT ONE TO USE OR ARE THERE ANY OTHERS THAT U KNOW OF THAT WILL HELP HIM???

Please hes my best friend. I DONT (CANT) LOSE HIM!

also i just put in API aquarium salt.

Can you fill out the entire box at the top please?

i change 15% water 2 times a week. last time was yesterday

tank been running for 6 months

use api test kits (the drop ones) formeasuring everything

filter is aqueon power filter 50-75 gallons

i use api ph down, aqueon ammonia neutralizer, and aqueon tap water conditioner

i am currently fasting my fish because they both have floating issues. (i plan to feed them peas.) ANY OTHER HEALTHY FOODS I CAN FEED THEM TO KEEP THEM SUPER HEALTHY??

My fish doesnt sit at the bottom or float ontop of the water he just stays in the same spot and doesnt go anywhere. like hes sleeping. yawning alot. flashing and scratching. opens mouth really wide and really fast to breathe

Hi there! Sorry you are having trouble with your fish. It is really important for us to have all the information about your setup. You missed a few questions, could you please answer the ones below and if you could post video/pics of the fish and the fin rot that would be helpful in determining the appropriate course of action :)

• * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
  • * Water temperature?

• * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

Edited by tithra