Sign in to follow this  
wteoh1

Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish "Extreme" Color Enhancing Diet

Hey guys, I have the Saki Hikari Fancy Goldfish Color Enhancing Diet (the purple bag), I've fed my goldfish with it since late Nov 2011 and they've done excellent with the pellets. I've noticed really nice color, growth, nice body shape, and very nice long tails my goldfish have. I remember I did research on Goldfish food when the website (exoticgoldfish.net) said Hikari is very good for the goldfish (and it is!). And now,

I want to get the Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet (Red Bag) for my Goldfish. http://www.hikari.in...ld/g_10_03.html I pretty much can't find it, IDK why but I see some for sell on some websites I ran into when I Google it. I think they are scam websites.

Does anybody know a way to get Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet (Red Bag)?? If you guys know websites that sell the hikari red bag, post the links on the comment. Thanks!

Edited by wteoh1

I don't think he has it, any more ideas?

I don't think he has it, any more ideas?

It might not be on his site, but you could ask him if he knows where to get it and such... Ask him :thumb:

Other than that the only other thing is to search :krazy:

You know, I gotta say this really is kind of weird. I tried finding a place that sells it just now, and I could not find a seller in the US either.

My best bet would be to ask Ed and see if maybe he can order it or has info on how to get it. You might even have to somehow order it from somewhere in Europe or Asia.

OR you keep feeding the purple saki hikari and supplement their diet with veggies high in beta carotene, such as carrots, tomatoes, red bell peppers, spirulina etc.

Found this with google. Thats the hikari site. Hope it helps. :flex: Did not see where to buy it though.

http://www.hikari.info/gold/g_10_03.html

> Top > Goldfish INDEX > Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet hikari_logo_info02.gif

title_10_03.gif

10_03.jpg

An Extreme Color Enhancing Characteristic, Premium Diet for Goldfish

A revolutionary, an extreme color enhancing diet for all varieties of Premium Grade Goldfish to develop to their best potential! The inclusion of beneficial living microorganisms offers more complete assimilation, reduced waste, improved resistance to disease, and increased growth rates.

hkr_linkimg_up.gif

hkr_linkimg_down.gif

1303_fss.jpg

sample icon01.gificon10.gificon03.gificon08.gificon05.gif

features.gif

1. Our unique combination of carefully selected color enhancing ingredients including Spirulina, Marigold, Astaxanthin and Phaffia Dried Yeast offers extreme color enhancing capacity not previously available. More rapid color with deeper hues can be expected when compared to other color enhancing foods, even Saki Hikari Goldfish Color Enhancing Diet.
  2. The Hikari-Germ promotes more rapid digestion thereby reducing output while working to decompose waste thereby improving overall water quality, filter effectiveness and helps reduce regularly scheduled maintenance.
  3. Higher levels of vitamin E and C offer active stress reduction and thereby improved immunity to stress induced disease. Our Lab tests verified feeding using as little as 25% Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet still offers superior color development. Note, exclusive feeding may cause acceptance issues and/or reduced growth due to the focus on color enhancement.

feeding.gif Feed 2 to 4 times daily, the amount your fish will consume within a few minutes. Care should be taken to avoid over-feeding. Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet will provide maximum results when your water temperature is consistently above 18?. Always remove any uneaten food after the feeding period to avoid water quality issues.

We recommend Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet as a daily diet for We recommended for Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish Extreme Color Enhancing Diet as a daily diet for All types of premium grade or fancy goldfish, especially Ranchu.

analysis.gif Crude Protein Crude Fat Crude Fiber Moisture Crude Ash Phosphorus min. 46% min. 7.0% max. 2.0% max. 10% max. 19% min. 1.5% sizes.gif sample

1303_fss.jpg 3.5oz (100g) Item No.42072 17.6oz (500g) Item No.42074

You can't buy directly from the Hikari site though, which I find dumb. Why have int on the website if it's not even available in the US. :(

Yeah, I really agree, I don't get why production is so limited

Yeah, I really agree, I don't get why production is so limited

Its kinda when games get released. Some countries get it before others. Strange uh?

Hi.

So I just done a search and all Google come up with over here is the Hikari site and other forums that have bought up similar/the same topic/issues with finding it.

And even worse when I clicked for shopping results It came up with "Im sorry we have no results....." :(

Hi-

I realize this is a couple months late but I finally scored a 100g package from ebay. The seller was, I believe, Modern_Topgem from Thailand. It took over a month to get here and was $17 with shipping for the 100g pkg, but I DID finally get it. It's the tiniest cylindrical pellets I've ever seen (so it could be used for any size fish) but acceptance (which the website warns about) has thusfar not been an issue,

Oh, yeah, and does it EVER work----noticeable improvement from the purple bag in only two and a half weeks!

Good luck,

Al

Hi-

I realize this is a couple months late but I finally scored a 100g package from ebay. The seller was, I believe, Modern_Topgem from Thailand. It took over a month to get here and was $17 with shipping for the 100g pkg, but I DID finally get it. It's the tiniest cylindrical pellets I've ever seen (so it could be used for any size fish) but acceptance (which the website warns about) has thusfar not been an issue,

Oh, yeah, and does it EVER work----noticeable improvement from the purple bag in only two and a half weeks!

Good luck,

Al

Al,

You can get the purple bag in the US at several places, and the prices/shipping should be quite reasonable. Try looking on Goldfish Utopia, Dr. Foster & Smith, Pet Mountain, to name a few places :)

sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear with my post. The dramatic improvement I noted was from the RED BAG

"extreme color enhancing formula" in comparison with the generally available VIOLET BAG "color enhancing formula" As I noted, it was neither inexpensive nor easy to source, but I found a way and wished to share it with the forum. Again, apologies for my lack of clarity.

Al

Lol, this is one of the latest topics responded. Well, I guess there are some out there afterall.

been trying to look for this brand of goldfish food in petsmart here. Cant seem to find any at all :( anyone here from edmonton or canada at least who knows how to get this?

Try Pro-Gold. You'll be much happier with the results! :)

=( sadly all the pro-golds and hikari have to be shipped from the US .. and it cost 18-25cad to ship an 8 oz. GRARRR so frustrating :(

We will have Saki Hikari available most likely next week. Shipping for 8oz will be under $5 to Canada.

Try Pro-Gold. You'll be much happier with the results! :)

Alex-

I'd agree with your assessment; I've been feeding PG and I've never seen anything like the amount of growth it produces---almost magic! I now feed about 66% PG

and 33% SH extreme color enhancing which seems thusfar to offer the best of both worlds--at least for me.

Al

I know of green and purple but this is a first for the red! Plus what made you pick that combination ashort?