Sign in to follow this  
AthleticBacon

my oranda is a pig and my tele eye never notices theres food available

okay so my oranda eats every flake he sees while my tele just chills swimming around and doesnt notice any food. even when he sees food he always misses biting it, i think its cause his eyes are so far apart. im afraid im feeding the oranda too much and feeding the tele too little :/

You could try hand feeding them. I do that to make sure my fish each get their share. Takes a bit of time, but they'll get it.

Telescopes really have terrible vision. With mine, I am sure to make a little noise (like gently tapping on the lid) before I put the food in so they know it's meal time, and I always put the food in the same spot in the tank. Maybe something like this would help? :)

http://www.kokosgold...__fromsearch__1

Perhaps you could also try to feed the oranda at the opposite side of the tank.

Edited by horserider36

Oh! I just noticed that you're feeding flakes. That could be a big part of your troubles. Have you tried sinking pellets? Those would be much easier for a tele to find :)

I have the opposit problem. My moore sees me near the tank and comes swimming up to be fed. The red cap waits i have to run my finger up the glass to get her attention to the food. Dont know it might be a good thing the moore is such a pig. Dont have to worry about him starving thats for shure. his little head just jerks every which way to find food. Hope i found a compaitable pair any way. Try running your finger in front of him to the food that what i have to do, for the red cap, sense i put mine in a bigger tank.