Australasian Aquaculture Conference & Trade Show

http://www.australian-aquacultureportal.com/

AUSTRALASIAN AQUACULTURE CONFERENCE & TRADE SHOW

1-4 May 2012, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Victoria, Australia

Not a goldfish or even a fish show, but many exhibitions and conferences on different aspects of fish care. Aimed at the commercial industry, but the hobbyist can pick up some interesting info and have a decent day too! If you are in the area at the time, probably worth a look. I may be around for a ay or two myself.

Anyone in the area should definitely check this out. There is a company in my area that supplies stuff for koi and goldfish ponds but also (probably primarily)aquaculture. I have spent hours just reading their catalog. They have amazing fish-growing systems.

• Supporter

http://www.australia...tureportal.com/

AUSTRALASIAN AQUACULTURE CONFERENCE & TRADE SHOW

1-4 May 2012, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Victoria, Australia

Not a goldfish or even a fish show, but many exhibitions and conferences on different aspects of fish care. Aimed at the commercial industry, but the hobbyist can pick up some interesting info and have a decent day too! If you are in the area at the time, probably worth a look. I may be around for a ay or two myself.

hello? isn't this the one you talked me out of going to? *ahem*

Hey, I didn’t say don’t go, I just said be aware of what to expect :P I didn't want to tell you to go without letting you know what is actually on the plate.

(I’m going to get the Kokos stick now guys)

As an observer/just sitting in on the conferences and things you should still be able to get entry. If you phone or email Sarah ASAP (Ph: 0437 152 234 Email: sarah-jane.day@aquaculture.org.au ) and explain that you just wish to look for a while as a hobbyist she might be able to set you up with a late registration. Or Nikki I guess, though I don’t know her/what her area is?

Just be ready for a lot of crustation, trout, pacific fishery management, etc type stuff. Like I’ve said, the info can be useful, but it can be dry if you have no interest in food fish (admittedly myself here! I've done similar ones before and I will admit it was not my cup of tea.) Some of the pathogen ones and similar can be interesting though.

It is more of a meeting and networking of large scale commercial breeding projects. Seafood producers, trout breeders, etc. The Social ticket is 150 and includes only entry to Welcome Drinks, Poster Session and theme evening at National Gallery of Victoria (Ie, mainly for networking for companies) If going I would recommend a day pass or similar (Around 330 I think?)