My Bettas, past and present

Akari_32

Here are pics of the boys I used to have, and have now.

Plutto, Mister, Hotaru and Ume are all rescues. You can see before-and-afters of Plutto and Hotaru. Hotaru's caudal fin used to look like that of a Lyretail Guppy. I never thought it would grow back, or that he would go through such a color change, but he looks so great now <3

I'll do the past boys first, then my current boys in next post. :)

Past Bettas

Cornelious

100_0419.jpg

t8.jpg

Pluto

fins1.jpg

Untitled.png

IMG_1102.jpg

100_1652.jpg

Chi (now lives with a new owner)

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_0247-1.jpg

Link

IMG_1153.png

Chiisai

Chiisai.jpg

Ayame

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Mister

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0720.png

Edited by Akari_32

You've had an amazing collection.

Thank you!

Katsu is amazing! He reminds me of my Betta, Artemis. They have the same colours and silver scales :)

Thank you! I got little Katsu at PetSmart. He and Link (in the first post) used to share a tank, and Link jumped the divider and beat the crap out of poor Katsu. I have some rather humorous pic that show the size difference between them! He had less than 1/3 of his tail left, but it all grew back, and he looks fantastic =3

Edited by Akari_32

They are lovely!

My Ghost looks a lot like Katsu. He was a silvery lavender betta when I got him, but the dragon scaling has come off a lot of his fins, perhaps from the substrate. I'm not sure, but he seem happy and healthy otherwise.

What a lovely variety!

Oh wow! They are all beautiful!!!!!!

Thanks guys =3

They are lovely!

My Ghost looks a lot like Katsu. He was a silvery lavender betta when I got him, but the dragon scaling has come off a lot of his fins, perhaps from the substrate. I'm not sure, but he seem happy and healthy otherwise.

Twins! lol

WOW! Nice job! They are all beautiful,and I was able to say,"Oh good,someone who has as many bettas as I do"! :P I really love the exaggerated pout on Mr.'s face :heart

Edited by kukana

WOW! Nice job! They are all beautiful,and I was able to say,"Oh good,someone who has as many bettas as I do"! :P I really love the exaggerated pout on Mr.'s face :heart

Thank you! ^.^ On a Betta forum I'm on, we call that "Multiple Betta Syndrome" lololololol

OMG, Mister was such a character! I miss his antics :( I got him from school, where they were keeping him in a SEALED 2 liter soda bottle, that was filled 1/2 way, and 1/2 of it was gravel!!!!! There was a single small crypt in there. It was an "experiment" to show how plants create oxygen and can sustain life in a closed off environment.

When I discovered him, I went back and saw him every day for a few weeks, and heckled my teacher (we had a good relationship) about how horrible it was that she was letting the student keep him in there, with no food, no fresh water, no FRESH AIR. But she wouldn't do anything about it (you know how parents have a fit about *everything* teacher do that doesn't involve teaching the curriculum), so I started not going back there any more, and detaching my self from him.

He was in there for about a month, and then finally, when the experiment was over, I brought in a 1 1/2 gallon Tetra WaterWonders tank and little sponge filter, set him up in there, and then after a few weeks, finally got to take him home (I pretty much kip napped him LOL).

He got his name because he was a pain in the butt XD I was trying to catch him with a little party cup, and he kept evading me, and I was "You're really annoying me, mister!" or something like that, and it just kinda stuck LOL He later got dropsy really bad, kept coming and going. Finally got him the third time around. He was a little trooper, though, and he lived a good 8 or months with me, in a divided 10 gallon.