Introducing King Triton, My New Ranchu!

His QT period is up, and King Triton has officially joined the rest of the crew in the Tacky Tiki Tank. He had a flawless, totally uneventful quarantine period (I love when that happens!) and is healthy and robust and eating heartily.

He's the biggest fish in the tank, but not by much -- Chowder, my calico ranchu, is just a smidge smaller. He was sold to me as a "jade seal ranchu" because of the white spot in his wen, although I don't know if there really is such a thing. Either way, I just love him and he's a first-rate addition.

Without further ado, here's Triton!

triton3.jpg

triton2.jpg

tritonface.jpg

tritonsideview.jpgtritonup.jpg

triton4.jpg

I've been waiting so patiently to hear news on this little guy ever since you revealed purchasing him on your blog. He looks so good! Congrats on completing the adorable ranchu color wheel!

Thanks, everyone! Yep, he's a big guy, and quite a presence in the tank. He's a champion food beggar.

OMGoodness,he's as cute as a bug :wub: Where did he come from DiDi? Tommy?

Thanks!!! Yes, I got him from Tommy at Goldfishnet. I'd been waiting for the right red and white ranchu to come along, and the moment I saw Triton, I knew he was the one.

I love the markings on his face. He looks a bit like a parrot to me!!

So cute and such nice conformation. Congrats!!

I saw one like this at the LFS on Saturday, and I actually thought of this little guy while I was there! How geeky is that? LOVE the cheeks on this guy, chubby without looking silly. Beautiful!