Sign in to follow this  
neeceee2

different foods

I have three kinds of food for my gold fish; flakes, blood worms, and baby shrimp. I was wondering should i feed them a little of each every feeding or just pick one. i tried pellets but they would not touch them. Took awhile befor the orando would eat the shrimp. My moore seems to eat a lot better than the orando, she waits for him befor eating. No bulling or any thing. Tried a bit of vegies and tiny amount of egg yock boiled. The moore eats right away but the orando waits. should i be worried. The orando will eat the flakes right off and the blood worms.

Hello! You should feed a varied diet to your fish so use the blood worms and shrimp one or two times a week. The flakes you could switch them with pellets. They should eat them if they get hungry enough. I feed my fish peas, broccoli, cucumber, hikari lionhead pellets and blood worms. I don't think you should be worried about the oranda eating last. Other members could tell you more soon.

Hi! :)

Sounds good, but you should switch the flakes to sinking pellets or gel food :) you can also feed them blanched spinach, cooked & shelled peas, orange slices (just a treat, too much sugar for everyday feeding), cucumber, broccoli, and blanched lettuce! :)

I will try the pellets again. maybe when they get bigger they will eat them. Think Yin is just a fussy shy lil girl. I thank shes a she, have no idea about Yang he might be a she.

I will try the pellets again. maybe when they get bigger they will eat them. Think Yin is just a fussy shy lil girl. I thank shes a she, have no idea about Yang he might be a she.

if you don't give them other options they will eventually eat whatever you put in front of them ;)

if you don't give them other options they will eventually eat whatever you put in front of them ;)

A healthy goldfish will eat just about anything, they cant help it :rofl