Sign in to follow this  
kukana d

Same Ryu......Problems

Ok,thank you,Helen :heart She's actually about to let go over there-and for her sake I hope it's fast. She's listing to the side,and as she does a steady thread of blood is coming from her vent :cry1 I don't know what happened to her-I know she ate yesterday,and went after her food as usual. I wonder if it is related to the sore spot,but it seems MM would have affected that. Thanks for your help and support,Helen :heart

I'm sorry, Susan. I really wish there's something to offer, but I think with bloody diarrhea, the hurdles to overcome are nearly insurmountable every time :(

i'm sorry susan :cry1:cry1 .. thoughts of comfort and huge bear hugs during this time. :hug

Oh crap Susan. Im so sorry!

Ok,thank you,Helen :heart She's actually about to let go over there-and for her sake I hope it's fast. She's listing to the side,and as she does a steady thread of blood is coming from her vent :cry1 I don't know what happened to her-I know she ate yesterday,and went after her food as usual. I wonder if it is related to the sore spot,but it seems MM would have affected that. Thanks for your help and support,Helen :heart

you're welcome hun :heart

can't be too sure if it's related to her sore spot to be honest. the white chu that i lost, he was loosing blood via poop casing, it was full of blood. however Hercules, there was no poop casing, it was like he was peeing blood if that makes sense. sounds to me from what you describe, your ryukin is loosing blood in what we know to be the form of pee. i do wonder if this is coming from a different part in the body.. but unless you are prepared to do a post-mortem, we won't know.. and even if you do, it may still remain inconclusive.

although i have post-mortem'd fish in the past, the chu had a really foul odour to him. i didn't feel well in the stomach to do it. but Hercules, who lost blood like your ryukin did, showed me only signs of darkened organs (failure) and blood clots away from the organs but within the softened belly. his tract was also damaged etc.. so whatever it was.. it was really nasty.

i can tell you though, Hercules had a very small superficial spot on his head that felt kinda rubbery. it didn't stick out more than a horrible pimple a few millimeters from his body, but it was never there and only appeared a few weeks before he died. perhaps there is some coincidence? i wish i had my microscope from when all this was happening, we may have had some answers, probably crummy answers, but better than nothing.

Oh, I am sorry this is happening....you've had such a rough time recently. :(

Sorry this is happening.:( Best wishes to you.

I'm so sorry, kukana. :cry1

Oh no I'm so sorry :( You went through so much the last while. You tried so hard to save all your babies and it sucks so much that everything you could possibly have done still didn't help with this one :sorry:: I hope she passes fast and doesn't suffer any longer. Big hugs going out to you!!!! :rip:

I'm sorry to see this, best wishes Kukana. :(

Thank you so much,everyone :heart I guess it did make it that much worse that this fish was not 1 of the 1s affected last mo.,but she did have that 'spot'. She did pass very quickly-before I went to bed last night.For her sake,I was glad it was so fast=a relief really. Yes,Helen,that's exactly what it looked like-tiny trails of pee coming from the vent. I do have a microscope-but I am simply not up to any postmortem exams,there's just been too much over the past month :no: I have a tinge of concern for the other ryu that shared a tank w/ her,although they have been together the whole time and he/she has not shown any symptoms of anything. Perhaps just a nice,big w/c............Thanks again,everyone-it means a lot to have you there........ :heart

Oh Susan I am So Very Sorry you lost her :( You have been through so much these past months :( I do hope that is the end of this nightmare for good :)

I am happy she passed rather quickly for her and your sake... May she R.I.P. now :(

This is just so sad hun... Im so sorry :cry

:( I'm sorry susan. She was a beautiful fish.

I have a tinge of concern for the other ryu that shared a tank w/ her,although they have been together the whole time and he/she has not shown any symptoms of anything.

susan, from my experiences, this type of situation is mainly isolated to the fish. i would do 100% wc only because of the release of blood.