Sign in to follow this  
Guest deltree

Urgent!

Guest deltree

:huh:

Hey,

My goldfish has been looking a bit under the weather for the past few days, however I didn't think anything of it until this morning when a most prominent white formation became clearly visable. It extends across the fins and body with varying degrees of thickness. Now the golfish is just floating about of the surface helplessly surccumbing to his demise.

I would very much appreciate a diagnosis and a possible cure - ASAP.

Regards Scott.

Guest billg

I am wondering if mine issue is the same as yours.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/forum/index.p...?showtopic=9911

One of my fish as a small tuft of cotton like growth on just one back fin/tail. I think it is a fungus issue, but waiting to hear back.

If your growth looks like cotton, possibly fungus. Do a search here and read up. I am sure someone will pop in with a good treatment for you (and I hope for me, so I can stop my growth quickly).

Good luck

Hi Deltree

Could you answer the questions in the red box at the top of this page? That would help a lot to form a diagnosis. :) In particular, we need to know ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH levels. Thanks :)

Guest OrandaSparkles

Oh thank god im not alone!!! LOL my black moore has the exact cotton peice on its back fin on the end i wanted to pick it off lol,i havent had them long a week at the most and i am thinking my oranda has it also not on the head or body just at the end of the tail but the oranda's is flatter kinda looks like a fin rot? i am so clueless i shouldnt of got fish poor things there probably thinking oh great look at this whack job where going home with! LOL :thud they are in a 10 gallon tank together with filter and airstone and had my water tested at vvvv they said fine but im going to get a freshwater testing kit and do it my friggin self lmao she didnt even give me numbers just that it was fine ok lady sheesh they will let anyone work there well how about someone who knows about fish perhaps? LOL.well at least where i got my oranda if it dies i keep my receipt and i get a free one :cry1 its just not the same though.