Karma with the angelfish

Hidr

It is working this time. WOOT. My biggest problem is the dang fire mouth. But hopefully she well settle down soon.

The angels for some reason had started to eat my plants. So I had to move them.

osangel072.jpg

osangel071.jpg

osangel056.jpg

osangel035.jpg

osangel028.jpg

osangel018.jpg

Yes it would be much easier and I think the more angel the better too. I saw one oscar with 7 angels. So far with mine the angels have stopped fighting. lol

Nice angels. Never heard of angels eating plants though.

Me either but these guys were going after any new growth and trimming my vals.

So does the oscar somehow stop the angels from fighting? How does that work? I don't know anything about angels or oscars...but I'm glad the fighting has stopped.

mj

They are so busy right now dealing with the fire mouth that is chasing and keeping out of the oscars way they are not fighting. This may change as they get comfortable.

Yes it would be much easier and I think the more angel the better too. I saw one oscar with 7 angels. So far with mine the angels have stopped fighting. lol

Seeing Karma towering over them, they figured they better stick together. Because you never know :lol

Nice angels. Never heard of angels eating plants though.

Me either but these guys were going after any new growth and trimming my vals.

You sure they arent cleaning up the leaves (preparing for a spawning site). Seen any pairing behaviour.

Are all your angels in there? Or just a few? My ex has my oscar and I would love to get him back but cannot set up another tank, So this is a cool idea. And your angels are gorgeous. Their fins are amazing and Karma is beautiful as well.

All three of them are in the tank and still doing very well. My Oscar is less aggressive then the tiger Oscars, She has never been fed live food and she has never tried to eat the fire mouth that has been in there for over a year. So I was fairly sure it would work but not 100 %. But so far so good. I also upped Karma's feeding to twice a day just as some insurance.

I would love an oscar some day. How long is Karma? The angels are so pretty, my dad had three huge ones when I was a kid. Maybe the just looked huge because I was so small. lol

Last time I tried to catch her to find out she was 10 inches. Not in the mood for a bath in fish water so think Ill just guess. lol Still looks like about 10. After the first year the growth really slows down. And lutinos tend to be smaller.

Edited by Hidr

They are all very beautiful! And I have also heard that angels with eat plants as a way to prepare for spawning.