Nitrates in tap water too high

Black

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you get SB inflation surgery? :bubbles

No. Even if you can, it's not practical, because it's the inflating and deflating of the swim bladder that allows for the fish to regulate the depth they are at.

What you can attempt is to make a floatation device for Googles.

LOL yes. However, PSP is still experimenting with hers, so by the time that you are ready to make one for Googles, you will benefit from all her experience :)

This is great. I did actually try and experiment with this about a week or 2 before he got dropsy. He kept slipping out of it though and he wouldn't use his fins to swim and so the current and bubbles meant he got a bit tangled up.

However, I think he didn't swim because unbeknown to me he was already actually quite unwell.

He is is so much more lively now and would probably swim when I eventually attempt it again. My bf was so keen to help make Googs a swimming device that i think we rushed it and didn't make it properly. I've seen one made out of straws (I think) on youtube and that looks quite comfy for the fish as it doesn't touch it much. It is more of a harness.

I'll keep an eye on how PSP gets on, he/she looks quite heppy in it :)

Yes, that is the video that PearlscalePerfect had linked me before as well. Some of the equipment used to make this involves those that are used on a man's equipment :rofl

Here's what I found on youtube

Ooooooooh........i love that harness, and how she looks in it lol......looks like one of thoses baby walkers, which bashes everything aside as the baby walks. Nice find. Bet the other fishes are confused lol. Doesn't look too tight either.

Nice vid find!

Wouldn't know how to make it myself though but could try.

Alex, what else is this harness made of?? :):teehee

Day 12 of treatment. He's doing really well- people who see him can't believe the difference, especially in his activity level. He's still a sinker obviously but he seems happier.

I'll take photo later (can't take vids anymore :( )

How much longer should i continue with the MMs?

Wouldn't know how to make it myself though but could try.

Alex, what else is this harness made of?? :):teehee

Day 12 of treatment. He's doing really well- people who see him can't believe the difference, especially in his activity level. He's still a sinker obviously but he seems happier.

I'll take photo later (can't take vids anymore :( )

How much longer should i continue with the MMs?

14dys in total, so 2 more days

i've figured out how the harness is made, i'm gonna have a bash at making it, need to get the bits.

i don't have a sinking fish though.

oh mercy, i'm talking to myself, and quoting to myself lol........change mind not making it, don't have anything to stop the friction/rubbing, vaseline won't cut it in the long run either.

Alex said to feed him 10 pellets per day as he is approx 23g in weight.

I would have about 100 pellets left (at a guess)

would u like them back?

You could make Googles a harness if you like? :)

Alex said to feed him 10 pellets per day as he is approx 23g in weight.

I would have about 100 pellets left (at a guess)

would u like them back?

You could make Googles a harness if you like? :)

of course i don't need them back......just wondering if you had enough.....

reason i asked was that he was suppose to take his 1% per day, but some days he had less, so he's taken less than his 14dys amount.

how wud i fit him during the making of the harness? lol its like a dress fitting - constant modifications.