Sign in to follow this  
Black

Nitrates in tap water too high

wow, the newer pics shows a good improvement, tail fins no long scrunched up, scales flatter.......a video to show his energy level wud be good

happy for the little mite.... :)

Looking better, sending lots of healing vibes! He sure has got lovely colours!

Are you guys enjoying the Olympics?? Venues look brilliant!

I love watching the Games :-)

I like your fingernails, Black! :clapping:

Edited by Isabella

I have been following this thread right from the start all I can say is "YAY!" He looks a lot better! :wub: You have been doing a great job getting him to eat. Hope he continues to improve! :D

wow, the newer pics shows a good improvement, tail fins no long scrunched up, scales flatter.......a video to show his energy level wud be good

Thank you coco :) Googles can't thank you enough for coming to the rescue :goldfish: He thinks you're his fairy fish mummy :P

I'll try and take a vid while I attemp to feed him (he can't swim but his fins are active)

Looking better, sending lots of healing vibes! He sure has got lovely colours!

Are you guys enjoying the Olympics?? Venues look brilliant!

I love watching the Games :-)

I like your fingernails, Black! :clapping:

Thanks Isabella, i think you're healing vibes are working :) He still has a long way to go and he's still struggling with eating but I'm not giving up yet

Yes, it's great having the olympics here :) Thank you! They are just nail stickers I got cheap from ebay- I did them while watching the opening ceremony on tv on Friday. I'm quite proub of the job done, I was expecting it to be a complete shambles :blowup: (proud)*

Edited by Black

Thank you coco :) Googles can't thank you enough for coming to the rescue :goldfish: He thinks you're his fairy fish mummy :P

I'll try and take a vid while I attemp to feed him (he can't swim but his fins are active)

:thanks it was nothing, happy that he's saved......so glad you're his fish mummy...good job

You know once he's 100% well again and grown abit more...he's gonna be a knock out, with those long flowing fins and that unusual pattern.....

I have been following this thread right from the start all I can say is "YAY!" He looks a lot better! :wub: You have been doing a great job getting him to eat. Hope he continues to improve! :D

Thanks Becs! :) It's reassuring to know that you guys think he looks better too and it's not just wishful thinking on my part. I'll keep you updated x

:thanks it was nothing, happy that he's saved......so glad you're his fish mummy...good job

You know once he's 100% well again and grown abit more...he's gonna be a knock out, with those long flowing fins and that unusual pattern.....

Thank you! :)

I really really hope he does get 100% well. He swam beautifully when I first got him. The trouble is that he has hardly grown since I got him about 20 months ago :(

Ok, just an update:

After the bday party last night, I tried to feed him again. He ate the first one or 2 pellets ok and then he started spitting them out so I used the 'liquid mixture' again. He probably ate about 5 pellets altogether yesterday, plus some mushed up stuff hopefully.

Do you think that's ok at that rate?

I'm going to try again now, and do another big WC, and perhaps take a video if my camera behaves itself.

If he could eat more, that would be splendid, but that amount is of course OK for now. Just keep up the good work :)

Thank you! :)

I really really hope he does get 100% well. He swam beautifully when I first got him. The trouble is that he has hardly grown since I got him about 20 months ago :(

20 months agao?! no size change :o

what did you feed him, prior to him being ill?

( I'm currently, QT'g a new fish and in 2 weeks, he's noticeably alot bigger than when i got him.)

I bought him with 2 other goldfish (an oranda and a black moor). They were considerably smaller than Googles and I remember panicking in the car home that Googles was going to eat them!! (they were put in the same fish bag and Googs was chasing them)

After a while, they both over took Googles in size until Googles became the smallest out the three! I fed them all the same, although Googles was the slowest eater and I used to have to drop the food directly in front of him otherwise he'd miss it and the others ate it. I awlays made sure he had his fair share one way or another so I don't know why he hardly grew. ( I'd say a maximum of an inch in 20 months)

Earlier this year, I gave the other 2 to a good fish home as they were bulling him, and I thought with the extra room and the purchase of a larger tank it would make a difference but it hasn't.

I fed them a varied diet of sinking pellets, peas, lettuce, bloodworms, earthworms, cooked mussel, occaisionally potato... (sometimes cheese but I dont feed that anymore since I got told off :) )

The past few months I've mainly fed peas because of him swimbladder issues

I bought him with 2 other goldfish (an oranda and a black moor). They were considerably smaller than Googles and I remember panicking in the car home that Googles was going to eat them!! (they were put in the same fish bag and Googs was chasing them)

After a while, they both over took Googles in size until Googles became the smallest out the three! I fed them all the same, although Googles was the slowest eater and I used to have to drop the food directly in front of him otherwise he'd miss it and the others ate it. I awlays made sure he had his fair share one way or another so I don't know why he hardly grew. ( I'd say a maximum of an inch in 20 months)

Earlier this year, I gave the other 2 to a good fish home as they were bulling him, and I thought with the extra room and the purchase of a larger tank it would make a difference but it hasn't.

I fed them a varied diet of sinking pellets, peas, lettuce, bloodworms, earthworms, cooked mussel, occaisionally potato... (sometimes cheese but I dont feed that anymore since I got told off :) )

The past few months I've mainly fed peas because of him swimbladder issues

Did you buy it from p@h per chance? I always say to the lfs, 1 bag per fish please......and i don't pay until they do :)

i'm surprised the moor out-ate him, not so much the oranda - that was expected

consider no potato please - starchy

consider no cooked mussel please - its to do with what mussels eat

which brand of sinking pellets?

ok, no probs, I haven't fed Googles those 2 things since at least xmas. That list of food was from a goldfish book I bought but I am a bit more picky now with what I read. I now have "fancy goldfish' by Johnson and Hess.

p@h? No, I bought them from a garden centre in Newcastle upon tyne.

The pellets are Tetra Goldfish Gold Japan.

The moor was an amazing fish with a real dominant personality. He had no problems locating food at at, and often out-ate the oranda.

This is a pic of all three of them in my old tank from over a year ago

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u499/Googs09/all.jpg

ok, no probs, I haven't fed Googles those 2 things since at least xmas. That list of food was from a goldfish book I bought but I am a bit more picky now with what I read. I now have "fancy goldfish' by Johnson and Hess.

p@h? No, I bought them from a garden centre in Newcastle upon tyne.

The pellets are Tetra Goldfish Gold Japan.

The moor was an amazing fish with a real dominant personality. He had no problems locating food at at, and often out-ate the oranda.

This is a pic of all three of them in my old tank from over a year ago

http://i1070.photobu...Googs09/all.jpg

good choice of book. I've never used tetra pellets (only their amazing external cannisters), but i recall a member rms saying there were reviews that its not great......you may wanna locate it

some branches of p@h are ok, and there are gems to be found there....not often lol

the moor is alot bigger which will explain how he out-ate everyone lol

80-90% WC done :)

He has just eaten 2 pellets very willingly and I didn't even need to soak them! Thats 6 mouthfuls, 5 mins between each one otherwise they build up in his throat.

By the 7th mouthful it was a definite rejection so I will try again in a couple of hours.

He did 3 big poos in the 30mins i was feeding him, I took a photo to show you he is definitely eating!

My other camera was playing up so couldn't take a vid, but he isn't very lively today.

Later today or tomorrow I will take a photo of his scales.

coco- I will look for the review

Poos....!

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u499/Googs09/googpoo.jpg

Good work. The poop could be a little more full, but this is definitely good progress. :)

Thanks Alex

He's just eaten another 2 and a half pellets before rejecting again. So thats almost 5 today so far :)

He's also just done a nice fuller poop

You must be sick of hearing from me by now :)

LOL. No. I'm happy to get updates. :)

I've just managed to get one more down him before he lost interest again. That's about 6 today altogether. The most he has eaten so far without making the liquid mixture. He even ate one piece on his own

Shall I call it a day with the pellets and get the rest down him using the pipette, or just leave it. I'll be going to bed within the next hour

Leave it.

I think that is good for today :)

ok, good to know

I have just taken a video to show Googs can now stay on his belly instead of flipping over all the time.

My bf was watching the Walking Dead so there are some horrific noises in the background which puts me off posting!

oh my goodness- just seen that I am now a 'goldfish' :)

ok, good to know

I have just taken a video to show Googs can now stay on his belly instead of flipping over all the time.

My bf was watching the Walking Dead so there are some horrific noises in the background which puts me off posting!

where's the video?

Walking Dead rules :D

ok, good to know

where's the video?

Walking Dead rules :D

It sure does- the fact that I missed it to focus on Googs just shows my dedication! I am having trouble uploading it to photobucket, bear with me