Sign in to follow this  
ahardeay

Maybe a fluke? Not sure

I was looking into a second filter, should I do two or just upgrade? I was also considering a canister filter but is that too much for a 55 gal?

I would do two instead of one larger one. Adding another AC70, or a canister, would be perfect. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about have too much filtration. I don't think that's possible to have too much filtration. There is such a thing as too much current, but with what you are planning, I don't think you need to worry about that. At one time, I had 3 AC70s on my 55 gallon. :)

Don't worry about too much. I have a AC70 and Eheim 2217 running a 29 gallon...

I was looking into a second filter, should I do two or just upgrade? I was also considering a canister filter but is that too much for a 55 gal?

I would do two instead of one larger one. Adding another AC70, or a canister, would be perfect. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about have too much filtration. I don't think that's possible to have too much filtration. There is such a thing as too much current, but with what you are planning, I don't think you need to worry about that. At one time, I had 3 AC70s on my 55 gallon. :)

I agree. Two filters are better than one. Reason if one goes out you got the other running.

Un like me right now I just got one. Trust me its an un easy feeling. :(

I just looked at filters at Amazon, I'm going to order a second one this Friday when I get paid. I'm a college student so it has to wait till then lol. And ya I agree to that logic, sadly my first pair of goldfish when I was 16 got very ill because when I was on vacation their filter burned out :no: both got dropsy and ammonia burns and only one made it. It was so sad. And the one that lived never looked the same :cry , so I will get a second filter.

I just looked at filters at Amazon, I'm going to order a second one this Friday when I get paid. I'm a college student so it has to wait till then lol. And ya I agree to that logic, sadly my first pair of goldfish when I was 16 got very ill because when I was on vacation their filter burned out :no: both got dropsy and ammonia burns and only one made it. It was so sad. And the one that lived never looked the same :cry , so I will get a second filter.

Also check Petsmart and Petco for online deals. Oh and Dr. Fostersmith and BigAls online... :)

Oh I understand about the money thing. :(

if you can at some point... . I personally love canister filters over hang on the back. They run more quietly, do not stink up a room...and some of them even have built in UV which is great for keeping down parasites and things.