fin rot? help Kitty again =(

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just tried to feed him nd he ate a lil pellet but he wouldnt get them off the bottom or go ater them, so then i ed him flakes and he ate some nd spit them all back out nd he was acting hungery nd sucking at my hand nd he even got of the bottom but he didnt go after any of the food or want flakes after that nd just sat there

Ok. Let me know about the eating. Of he continues to spit out food, we may need to resort to the Maracyn 2, because he may have an infection in his gills/mouth.

so i tried to feed him again nd he ate and wanted it then he would spit almost all of it back out then he would even try to re eat it but he would spit it back out =( and when he does swim nd he stops he sinks not like a light float like he doesnt hit hard but its not how normal fish go to the bottom nd he sometimes skids once he touches down

ok i will, he might of been able to keep a little bit of food down. the first time he spit out the food whiteish clear slime stuff came out ....like when a fish gets hurt and they "scab" like that kind of stuff not alot tho just a little but that could be because there is some of that in his tank. do you think maybe he dosent like the taste of the salt?

Edited by Madi

ok thanks =) , what is the difference between Maracyn 2 and just Maracyn ?

Maracyn is erythromycin, which is mostly effective again gram-positive bacteria and fungi. Considering that most infections of fish are gram-negative and fungal infections are rare, this is the biggest scam out there.

Maracyn 2 is minocycline, a second (third) generation tetracyline. This one is pretty good, but like all other meds, should not be used until it's proven necessary.

yeah the cave thing is open but none of the fish go in it

Hi, Koko mentioned this, but I think it got overlooked, so here's a pinned thread on hollow ornaments:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5-hollow-ornaments/

Even if the fish never go in the cave, bad bacteria can grow underneath it and cause all sorts of problems. :(

I hope your oranda does well, he's an adorable fatty.

sometimes it looks worse because its the dead stuff sluffing off...I wouldnt lose hope. If he gets to a point I know some members have tube fed. There is a video online somewhere how to.

if he is sucking stuff up and spitting this gunky stuff out...he may actually be sucking it in off the floor of the tank from him losing that from his fins. So it just looks like its coming from inside him.