Sign in to follow this  
musterbeard

Do My Fish Have White Spots?

I don't remember seeing spots when i first got aquarium which was more than 5 months ago. However then i had non-functioning aquarium bulb and probably did not notice this because these spots are noticed easier under lighting, especially under specific angle. I couldn't shoot high quality photos because i don't have tripod and had to hold camera with one hand and fish in another hand, but here is what i shot (both fishes have same problem but i shot only one):

H1H0dl.jpg

Mtdu3l.jpg

9ESIEl.jpg

tASN4l.jpg

57CXZl.jpg

GdXPbl.jpg

•4.7 gals since middle 2011 when i got aquarium

•JEBO water filter

•Until yesterday 2 time a week 90% of volume, from yesterday will change 3 times a week, 50%

•Today last water change, 50%

•2 goldfish of small size i guess

•No water additives, only dechlorinator

•Flakes in the morning, pellets in the evening

•No new fish ever

•No medications so far

•Maybe one has little frayed spot on one side

Edited by musterbeard

Hiya, I do believe those are breeding stars. I can't see clearly in the photos but do they also have little ridges along their pectoral fins? If so then it's nothing to worry about, just means they're boys. :)

Yes those are breeding stars. That means they are happy boys :)

Hiya, I do believe those are breeding stars. I can't see clearly in the photos but do they also have little ridges along their pectoral fins? If so then it's nothing to worry about, just means they're boys. :)

Yes they have little white spots on their front fins. If they are boys, why they chase often each other which seems like sexual harassment? Maybe i should consider taking them out to a near fishbar? Is Buffy and Fluffy male names? I think Buffy is female name and if it is indeed so, i should consider changing it.

Edited by musterbeard

Buffy and Fluffy could be boy names I'm not one to be giving advice on naming. I have females called Henry and Sam. :teehee It's up to you really.

I had a fat female named Humphrey! I don't change their names even if I get the initial sex wrong :)

I had a fat female named Humphrey! I don't change their names even if I get the initial sex wrong :)

Humphery's an awesome name for a girl fishy!

I couldn't possibly call Henry anything else. I still even call her 'him' :P Sam ends up being called Sammy these days though. <3

:) congrats on the boys!

Congrats on the manly man :)

This is the reason I give my fish unisex names ;)

Congratulations on the boys! :)

I'm just curious, did you mean to say you have a 47 gallon tank or a 4.7 gallon tank?

I'm just curious, did you mean to say you have a 47 gallon tank or a 4.7 gallon tank?

4.7 gals which is less than a minimum required for 1 goldfish btw.

4.7 gals which is less than a minimum required for 1 goldfish btw.

oh nos...we here like to recommend 10 gallons per fancy goldfish and 20 for common type as they can all get quite big :)