Sign in to follow this  
milam

My Black Moor's eye is popping out! + i think he has an infection...

Perfect! Go ahead and set up the QT. Since we are going to be using Furan-2, the tank doesn't need to be cycled (the meds will destroy in anyway). We will just have to keep a very close eye on things. I'd like for you to follow the directions on the packet.

As for food. aim to feed about 4 large Pro-Gold pellets per fish maximum per meal :)

Ok - what water do I use? Should i transfer some of the water from the big tank into the tub and use that so he's not too shocked? Any gravel? Plants? How long will he be in there? Thanks Alex!

You should use new tap water, but make sure you add dechlorinator and allow it time to match the temp with the main tank. Also, make sure the pHs match. You can move over a little gravel (1 cup) and some plants if you like, :)

Let me know when you've started treatment and how he does, please.

Ok - might have to wait a few days. Thanks Alex...again! :)

Hey Alex....have to admit i have had no time to do this but....those spots are looking smaller! Its hard to tell from the photo...i think the flash makes them bigger but they are really getting smaller - probably by half.

His eye getting worse tho...progressing toward falling off......omgawd....

One thing - as you see in the video Shanti still has a lot of red in her tail and there is a black spot - toward the end of the video you can see it. She is in great spirits so I'm not too worried but wanted to check.

Let me know if you still want me to progress with the Furan 2?

Thanks SO much! :)

http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s513/milampalmo/?action=view&current=IMG_1465.jpg

http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s513/milampalmo/?action=view&current=IMG_1466.mp4

OH - I did do the tests:

PH - 7

Nitrate - 0

Ammonia - 0

Let's hold off on the Furan, although it's great that you have it :)

I'm sad to say, but that eye will fall off at some point :(

Keep up and increase the number of water changes. That will help solve these problems.

I know....i am dreading the part where his eye is just barely hanging on.....and then if it falls off.....i'm going to have to pick it up - yipes!! BUT I am so happy to know that he

will be okay. Tell me - is Shanti ok?

When should I do the water change? How much, how often and should I add the 37.5t of salt each time?

Thanks for all your support Alex - it must be a nice feeling to heal fish from afar - you did this girl - i could not have done it without you..... :)

Let skip salt for the next two WCs, so that we can reset the system. As for WCs, let's do one every 3 days.

75% is better :)

Hey Alex.... new development. Pika has been spitting out his food today + his tail is looking a little ragged again + he goes down to the bottom and does a complete upside down flip and then goes

back up to the top. I did a 50% water change yesterday evening..... what do you think?

Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that. Go ahead and set up your QT, and start the Furan-2.

I can't remember if you have Prazi-Pro or not. If you do, let me know, because I would like to treat with that as well. If not, we will do something else.

What is QT? Remind me what to do again.....I do have Furan -2 - sorry. No Prazi Pro.

quarantine tank = QT

We have to set up quarantine because we aren't treating every fish, and the treatment also will kill the beneficial cycle bacteria.

This is also what I would like for you to do before the furan-2 treatment, which you should follow exact as the manufacturer directs.

HP DIPS

1. take one part HP (3%) and add to 9 parts tank water.

2. gently add fish to the solution.

3. the fish is to remain in the solution for exactly 10 seconds, then placed back into quarantine tank.

The HP dips will kill the flukes, while the furan-2 will treat for bacterial issues.

alex - pika died last night. :( i am not sure what happened but i don't think he suffered TOO much in the end. there is probably some relief for him to move on and i too feel relieved not

to have him suffering so much. i want to thank you again for all the care and time you have given us - i am deeply touched. my other fish are all swimmingly happy thanks to you. :)

may his journey be peaceful and joyful.

I'm so sorry, Kelly. RIP Pika :(

Im sorry hun :(

Thanks guys. All I can say is that we did the best we could! Thank you Koko for having this site and this incredible resource for goldfish all over the world. I have learned a lot and my

Shanti is now very happy and healthy and seems to be enjoying her two new friends.

hey guys - can you give me instructions to keeping my tank healthy as i go forward now that pika is gone?