Veil tail

pinky2252s

Lately, ive been seeing my shubunkin VERY close to my veil tail ALL the time. Could this be any sort of a sign of eggs in the veil tail? Im not really trying to breed, but if my veil tail had eggs, I would raise them. Ive noticed my veil tail getting bigger which is a sign right? She is a full grown adult weighing around 4 pounds.

Any thoughts?

• Admin

Well a 4 pounder wow.. dont think I seen one of those in quiet some time :o

As for breeding, well getting bigger kinda depends. Photos would be the best way to help. Cause if the scales are starting to stick out its dropsy's. In general when its time to breed the male will get stars. The female gets a more rounder look to her. :)

Ill get you guys a pic. Shes not long, shes fat. And heavy. I weighed her and she came in at 4.

Wasn't she at 3 pounds exactly one week ago? What are you feeding her?

Ill get you guys a pic. Shes not long, shes fat. And heavy. I weighed her and she came in at 4.

Wasn't she at 3 pounds exactly one week ago? What are you feeding her?

Lol! I weighed her again with out pulling up on the net. Iwt was hiding about a pound.

Just watched the video and a pound max was my guess. To get a very accurate weight take a container of water, zero the scale thenove the fish to the container. This is how I do it for injectable antibiotics.

It looks to be a Sakura (Calico that has lost its black) fantail. I would replace your sharp gravel with a more natural round gravel or sand. The fine the substrate te easier it is on their belly an the sinking food will be easy to find and consume.

Just watched the video and a pound max was my guess. To get a very accurate weight take a container of water, zero the scale thenove the fish to the container. This is how I do it for injectable antibiotics.

It looks to be a Sakura (Calico that has lost its black) fantail. I would replace your sharp gravel with a more natural round gravel or sand. The fine the substrate te easier it is on their belly an the sinking food will be easy to find and consume.

..........mkay.

And its going to be bare bottom for a while. Im going to be growing a moss carpet for it.