Stalled fishless cycle?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do believe my tank heard me because.......... I HAVE 0PPM NITRITES 2 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!!!

Excuse me please while I do a happy dance.

:alc :nana:rockon:bounce:booty:panana:tbanana:hi5:pianobanana:locked::carrot::redbanana:

Okay, that seems sufficient. ;) I am glad i didn't give up, but it is reeeeally sad looking at an empty tank for so long. :( Admittedly, a lot harder than i thought. However, thanks to you guys and this site, it honestly made it a lot easier to stick in there longer than i would have by myself. :)

The complete readings today were:

Ammonia- 0ppm

Nitrite- 0ppm

Nitrates- 160ppm

Sorry it takes me awhile to reply to posts, i have been very busy lately but i always keep up with the tank schedule. So! What is the next step?!

• Admin

Well I do believe my tank heard me because.......... I HAVE 0PPM NITRITES 2 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!!!

Excuse me please while I do a happy dance.

:alc :nana:rockon:bounce:booty:panana:tbanana:hi5:pianobanana:locked::carrot::redbanana:

Okay, that seems sufficient. ;) I am glad i didn't give up, but it is reeeeally sad looking at an empty tank for so long. :( Admittedly, a lot harder than i thought. However, thanks to you guys and this site, it honestly made it a lot easier to stick in there longer than i would have by myself. :)

The complete readings today were:

Ammonia- 0ppm

Nitrite- 0ppm

Nitrates- 160ppm

Sorry it takes me awhile to reply to posts, i have been very busy lately but i always keep up with the tank schedule. So! What is the next step?!

A Water change and a fish :o

Your Cycled hun. the only really thing to do is a water change get those nitrates down but not loose the cycle. Do you have a fish you are planning to add?

Right now I would do a 40% water change and add your ammonia... the ammonia keeps the tank going while there isnt a fish in there. :)

Okie dokie, i did the water change and the results today were:

Ammonia- 0ppm

Nitrite- .25ppm if that. It had just a slight purple tint.

Nitrates- 40ppm

I do not have a fish to ad yet, but i am excited to start looking! :D

Edited by Graycee

• Admin

Your okay hun.... Now we just add the ammonia in today and until the nitrates creep back to 100 range :). Thats of course with no fish. Once you get a fish hun. Do a small water change :thumb:

Fish fish :newfish

Your okay hun.... Now we just add the ammonia in today and until the nitrates creep back to 100 range :). Thats of course with no fish. Once you get a fish hun. Do a small water change :thumb:

Fish fish :newfish

Thanks again, I appreciate all the help and support so much! I will keep up with the schedule until I find a little fella to put in there (like that will be hard!). I will, of course, post pics!