• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Koko,

Reading for today are:

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrites: 1ppm

Nitrates: 20ppm

My Nitrite reading seemed strange to me... I don't know if i maybe let it sit too long? I added 1/2 ammonia again and will set a timer for the test tomorrow and hopefully get a lower reading.

• Admin

Hi Koko,

Reading for today are:

My Nitrite reading seemed strange to me... I don't know if i maybe let it sit too long? I added 1/2 ammonia again and will set a timer for the test tomorrow and hopefully get a lower reading.

dont worry hun sometimes it will do that.... Your doing good... let me know :thumb:

We will cycle :)

Okay 1/2 ammonia again hun :)

Sounds like you are almost there!! I did fishless cycling as well. Painstaking but worth it. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I'm so glad i found Koko's or i'd really be lost. :krazy:

Hi Koko,

Reading for today are:

dont worry hun sometimes it will do that.... Your doing good... let me know :thumb:

We will cycle :)

Okay 1/2 ammonia again hun :)

Thanks again, Koko. Having you hear makes things so much easier! I've never done this before and as much as the internet can be helpful it's really great to have someone to talk to. :)

My readings for today were:

Ammonia: A definite 0ppm

Nitrite: 2ppm? I posted a link below.

Nitrates: Between 40 and 80ppm

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/jk10611/DSC03095.jpg

Hopefully this is what it's supposed to be doing! :P

• Admin

Ok.... Its going but I think we need to bump the ammonia back to full dose hun.....No water change....

Then test in 24 hours.

Oh no problem hun, thats why I made the site... So we can help each other :hug

• Admin

We want to see them go down. It going up means we didnt feed enough... But we also dont want to over feed the tank either.

But since we have nitrates and they are going up, we are on the right track :thumb:

Okay. :) I have the buckets raising the pH now, so i will probably end up doing the water change in the morning. So for now, i just added 1/2 ammonia. Is that okay? The temp hovers about 80 with a heater.

I finally got my computer back, woo hoo! It will be a lot easier for me to keep you up to date now. :)

Yesterday's reading were:

Ammonia: I'd say .1ppm. It wasn't a clear yellow, but not quite .25, either.

Nitrite: 5ppm. :(

Nitrate: Very close to 160ppm.

I added full ammonia yesterday around 5, so i'll be able to give you today's reading around that time. :)

5 p.m. yesterday. Sorry, I really didn't clarify that at all. >.<

The results for today were:

Nitrite: 5ppm

Nitrates: between 80 and 160ppm.

I have the water aging right now, so will either do the water change tonight or tomorrow morning. For right now, i added back the full ammonia. :)

Results for today:

Ammonia - .25ppm. I accidently added a little too much yesterday, so this doesn't surprise me.

Nitrite - 5ppm

Nitrates - 40 or 80ppm.

I hope you're having a good Memorial Day, Koko!

• Admin

Okay. :) Should i take param readings when i normally would in the evening or is it okay to test whenever i have the time?

Try to test the same time every day, but always 24 hours after the ammonia added to the tank :thumb: If no ammonia added to the tank nor water change you can test at any time.

We just dont want to test close to or right after ammonia or after a water change. Because it not the true water quality in the tank. That make since hun ? :)

Oh, yes, i always wait 24 hours after adding ammonia to test normally, i just wasn't sure since i wasn't adding ammonia last night. :P

The results for today really aren't much different,

Ammonia - 0ppm

Nitrite - 5ppm

Nitrate - 40 to 80ppm.

I haven't added any ammonia yet today, i figured i would wait to see what you suggested. :)