TD's Guppy Tank

koko

I tried doing something like that but the adults kept eating all the babies. Now I've got my gups in the 60gal and I won't ever see more babies from them, LOL! I saved the last 13 they had, 5 of which were rescued from the 60. Miracle that they managed to hide at all....There's hardly any plants in there...

• Admin

I tried doing something like that but the adults kept eating all the babies. Now I've got my gups in the 60gal and I won't ever see more babies from them, LOL! I saved the last 13 they had, 5 of which were rescued from the 60. Miracle that they managed to hide at all....There's hardly any plants in there...

Its all in the plants. :thumb: the more plants the more babies will survive :thumb:

Woww!!

Koko, Is it hard to maintain a tank like this? What about water change, illness etc?

I do about 25% with aged water a couple of times a week.

3 small filters on the back, so I can clean one and maintain cycle etc.

If you neglect it though, they will get sick.

There will always be some that die of old age, predation and disease, but without those the population would get out of control quickly. Mine seems to have stabalized at a population threshold.

The best advice I could give is when you think you have enough plants, ad 3 times more :lol3.

No fake plants, no ornaments and nothing that could cause stagnant water, any of those in the mix and you are asking for trouble in my experience.

Your mileage may vary.

I wish my guppies would start to have babies. I want a tank like yours. Full of blue guppies. However I also have BN's in my guppy tank. My plants are starting to multiply and fill in again. And I now have some duckweed. So hopeful by the time the guppies fill up the tank Ill have more then enough plants. Also have a second and third filter I can add as my population grows.

TD your tank is so inspiring.

Wonderful tank! I'm jealous.

It was actually seeing this video that inspired me to create a mini-forest of pennywort/moneywort/bacopa(or whatever it is that I have =/) in the corner of my community,in hopes that the Endler babies will have a place to hide from the betta.

• 2 weeks later...