TD's Guppy Tank

koko

They are so pretty! :)

I'm going to need you to list all their names, please, in alphabetical order. :lol2

What do you do with the babies, Koko? Do you bring them to the LFS?

• Admin

:lol your so funny :lol

Well this tank is kinda self contained. Meaning we dont let much out side guppies in and the ones born here stay here. Its been going like this for over 15 years now :thumb:

Wow! Every time I see that tank it makes me want to start a gupp tank :wub: I especially love all the guppetts :wub: That's very cool that you guys keep it contained :thumb:

Wow, that's a pretty tank--a whole underwater world! Does it reach a natural balance somehow in terms of the number of fish? Do they stop having babies or do you have to give them away sometimes? I am fascinated by this going for 15 years--that must be some huge number of fish!

• Admin

I love that tank! how big is it? (it is so difficult to gauge by the video) It definitely makes me want some guppies.

That is a 20 gallon Tall tank :thumb: with 3 Aquaclear 10s on it. A T5 light and the normal hood light. There is TMS too :)

That's awesome! Those are some happy guppies. What does he keep in there plant wise?

There is 2 sword plants 3 Anubias plants. 2 Java ferns and a :fbottom: load of Whisteria :lol

Wow, that's a pretty tank--a whole underwater world! Does it reach a natural balance somehow in terms of the number of fish? Do they stop having babies or do you have to give them away sometimes? I am fascinated by this going for 15 years--that must be some huge number of fish!

It does. Sometimes I will give the adult ones away if it gets really crowded, but most of the time the tank goes in a natural cycle. TD has been raising these guys for 15 years. They even survived the trip from Ca to Oregon. Yes guys we moved his guppies to oregon. This is the same strain hes had for over 15 years, it just amazes me... Really does.

Now the tank has changed over the years, but the guppy family just keeps growing :thumb:

• Admin

It's looks like you've achieved a nice balance between plants and fish in that tank. Very nice.

I love that tank. It's so busy and yet it's peaceful. It's beautiful.

Thank you guys :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

That's a very pretty and hypnotic video! Also, whenever you post something, TD, I get the urge to run off and watch some X-Files.

:tomuch: