Totally Re-done 10G!

SynthHermit

xD One of the PetCos has a decent selection of fancies.They even had panda teles a few months ago(I think I have pictures somewhere)! The one near my campus, on the other hand, doesn't have much besides orandas, fantails,and the occassional pearlscale.

The PetCo nearest me has a lot of Fancies, at decent sizes and really good prices. The PetSmart near me just has Ryukins, orandas, fan tails, Moors and tele's (and obviously $0.25 "Feeder" Comets). No cool colors, very often. The most unique looking ones they tend to have are the orange telescopes with black along the top lol I saw a little Pearlscale at PetCo the other day, and he was only like $5 I think, and just a little smaller than a tennis ball. He was so cute X3

Aww. I remember when my mom's pearlies were little. I don't think they were much bigger (body-wise)than the candy malt ball eggs we get around this time for easter. They aren't a whole lot bigger now,due to their small tank,but still pretty cute. My guy has the body shape of a golfball. xD

I don't really like fully grown Pearlscales. The little ones are cute, though. I'm kind of the same with Ryukins. It sucks because I want to get one with a nice body shape, and not one thats all awkward and retarded looking, but I also don't want to dish out a whole bunch of money for a fully grown one XD

I personally think full grown pearlies are pretty cute. On the other hand, I'm not very fond of Ryukins. I think it's something to do with the huge hump AND the big belly. They're cute when they're little, but the adults just seem a bit deformed-looking to me.

Because they are usually shaped like this:

Untitled-6.png

If I could find one with a nicer, "smoother" transition between head and body like this:

Untitled2-1.png

I would be the happiest person in the world!

My LFS has nice ones, but I only have a 5.5 gallon tank, and its not going to be so local any more when I move back home lol They have big ones, like 4-5 inches long in the body ('bout the size of the palm of your hand), and have great shape, but I dunno, how much they'd change as they grew out more...

It's hard to tell how they'd change not knowing the age or genetics. Have you tried looking on sites like Craigslist for people rehoming grown ones? That may be able to save you some money/pondering the changes.

Yeah, I know. Which sucks LOL

Not yet, I haven't, because I don't the space yet. 3 of my goldfish live at a friends house in her pond, and my other one is in an over filtered 10 gallon until I can get in a situation to get them in to a tank of their own, living with me, and then soon a pond (they're all commons). I'm planning a 55 gallon (to start with) Fancy tank, though, so I've been looking at what I may want in the future LOL