Sign in to follow this  
scrappinjaime

Does anyone feed Pro Gold

I'm guessing that since it's sold by a gold fish retailer that it would have good ingredients for them. What do you think or does anyone have any experience with it? Thank you, Jaime

I do! I do! I do! :rofl

Pro-Gold is by far my favorite commercial food to feed my goldies. I'm seeing some really good growth with PG. I recommend it highly! :)

I do too :D

Alex,you don't get any floaty issues w/ oit?

Alex,you don't get any floaty issues w/ oit?

No, with the exception of two. One is Kisuke, and he can't have ANY commercial pellets, although crushed Pro-Gold in gel food is fine for him. The other one, Adolf, will get a little bit floaty if he has eaten too many, but it's not a huge issue. The rest are fine with it. :)

Do you soak it before you feed it to them? I soak all the food, besides frozen blood worms. I bought a bag and i soaked it and it seemed to kind of melt, not all of it but i thiught maybe you dont need to soak it. Im glad you gals recommend it. Thanks for your help, jaime

Do you soak it before you feed it to them? I soak all the food, besides frozen blood worms. I bought a bag and i soaked it and it seemed to kind of melt, not all of it but i thiught maybe you dont need to soak it. Im glad you gals recommend it. Thanks for your help, jaime

I soak mine for about 20-30 seconds. Anymore and you will make a mess.

Btw, it's gals and guy who recommended it :P

Oops, sorry my mistake :) guys and gals, I really appreciate your help. You know it's funny because as I typed that I thought it might be a mistake :). So now I know, don't soak it too long!

Do you think it's good for babies that are 1mm big?

I don't see why not. I've crushed it up and fed it to my fry before. I don't think it's as high in protein content as the Hikari First Bites, though.

Best...sig...EVERRR! Hahaha! Admiral Ackbar, lol!

I used to feed ProGold but did find it made my floaty fish floatier. That being said, every fish is different. It is a very good high quality food.

I used to feed ProGold but did find it made my floaty fish floatier. That being said, every fish is different. It is a very good high quality food.

That may help some of the babies that are bottom sitting. I've added more aeration and do more water changes too.

Best...sig...EVERRR! Hahaha! Admiral Ackbar, lol!

Thanks!!! I felt a little redundant doing quotes and source but that is proper protocol.

This is Charlies pretty much stable diet. I do give him Green Beans from time to time. But progold is his food :thumb:

DSCN1559.jpg

Progold is great! I wish it worked out for my fish, but it unfortunately caused some floaty problems for Bert :( But Ernie loved it, and had no problems with it. Everybody says wonderful things about it, so I really wanted to try it, but I guess I'll have to try with my next tank :)

A lot of people ask what I feed my fat fish and it is progold ;) although I ran out and am currently feeding salad supreme. My floaty fish do better on ss.