What has your goldie done that was ADORABLE?

Lets share some stories of how your goldie was particularly cute. I mean, they are always cute, but some thing that stood out and you went "awww"

I'll start!

I had just recently got a new Calico Fan Tail (Cali). She is barley an inch long and is still learning how to get food in this tank. I feed them sinking granules and everyone else understands them, but today Cali scurried away from them. Then as she noticed everyone else eating off the bottom, she goes down to the bottom and starts rummaging through the rocks. Problem is, she was on the opposite side of the tank that the food was on. Shes trying.

And of course they always come up to the glass when I come in.

When Fred had ich, Lucy tried to eat it off of him. :rofl

When I put my finger against the glass, Ethel tries to eat it. I move it here and there, and she follows it snapping her mouth the whole time.

my absolute favorite awww moment so far is the last time I reuinited my fish (one was in QT for quite awhile) and Puff sat on top of Edie. Pretty adorable :heart

Here's a screen shot of the video:

Picture1.png

You can see it in this video at 2:32

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BuGS3qPCybg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite thing is when they care about one another. I have a bottom sitter, and the other fish will occasionally go sit with him. But they don't do it alone, so I think they are just hanging out with their bud. :wub: (At least, I like to think that.) :blink:

• Supporter

I know I've shared this before, but OJ cracks me up :) Goofy pudge-fish.

LOLOL.. why is it always the fatso fish that try to squeeze through tight places? thank goodness for slime coat!! you never see the skinner fish bother with such things! lollololololl

my black moor was playing in the bubbles in the back of the tank, my fantail fish decided it looked like fun and went to play in the bubbles on the opposite side, black moor went straight across and pushed him out of the bubbles, then went back to play in them.... thought it was quite funny, there best of pals the rest of the time.

My little ranchu, Kidney Bean, likes to swim up against my hand when I'm hand feeding frozen food. It looks like he's trying to snuggle up to me, kinda like how a cat rubs up to peoples legs.

Then there's my newest addition, a tiny chocolate oranda, Pig. I'm currently keeping bronze corys with my goldfish until I have their little tank ready. Pig is similar in size and colour and on several occasions I've seen him school with them (I'd like to believe he thinks he's one of them :P).

My lavender tele used to get inbetween the bubblewand and the glass swimming down into the bubbles, i used to keep thinking he was stuck...so id reach in and help him out and 5 minutes later he would be right back in that crack swimming down into the bubbles

I know I've shared this before, but OJ cracks me up :) Goofy pudge-fish.

LOLOL.. why is it always the fatso fish that try to squeeze through tight places? thank goodness for slime coat!! you never see the skinner fish bother with such things! lollololololl

I KNOW! Piccolo minds her own business and bops around the tank while OJ tests which spaces are "fatso" rated :rofl

Pinky, I agree. These guys are just goof balls :wub:

Today, I stuck my finger in the aquarium and I got nibbles :wub: in my mind I'm thinking kisses. So cute. :heart They got a bit extra nom noms tonight for that one :wub:

Edited by MexiMike83

All good stories!

I taught our oldest Comet to come to my hand when I place it on the outside of the glass. She goes back and forth against it, like a cat against your leg. She used to love to play in the outlet blast of the Fluval 405 nozzle. it was like she was running on a treadmill. She'd start at about the middle of the tank and swim headlong into the blast until she made it all the way to the nozzle, then peel off, and start over. Eventually the other 2 started trying it.

I had them all out of the tank a couple months ago for some serious cleaning. When I put them back in, they actually had a little reunion and were kissing each other. It was very purposeful, and pretty amazing to watch.

The smallest Comet is shy and the other 2 protect her. When I break out the big 35mm camera and come to the glass, she sits in behind them and they go back and forth up front, to keep her hidden. She's also done stuff like parked with her head behind a large leaf, and then scooted over just enough to get one eyeball to look out at me.

They're all very animated and it makes for a rewarding relationship!

I used a food reward to teach my Oranda, Sydney, to swim through a hoop that was suctioned to the side of my tank. When it was time for training, I would pull the hoop out and when training was over I would push the hoop flush against the side of the tank. Sydney loved doing "The Hoop Trick" for a treat and he was always very disappointed when training time was over and I put the hoop away. One day after a training session, I walked away from the tank and came back a few minutes later only to find Sydney nudging the hoop away from the wall and swimming gleefully through the hoop looking at me expectantly for treats. Pretty smart and pretty cute!

when i had an airline (now gone_ my goldfish got stuck upside down under it, he was stuck there chubby and helpless untill i found him hehehe

I used a food reward to teach my Oranda, Sydney, to swim through a hoop that was suctioned to the side of my tank. When it was time for training, I would pull the hoop out and when training was over I would push the hoop flush against the side of the tank. Sydney loved doing "The Hoop Trick" for a treat and he was always very disappointed when training time was over and I put the hoop away. One day after a training session, I walked away from the tank and came back a few minutes later only to find Sydney nudging the hoop away from the wall and swimming gleefully through the hoop looking at me expectantly for treats. Pretty smart and pretty cute!

Awww, so cute!! :wub: