I need some suggestions on tank cleaning methods.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I do not know where I would put this thread.

I have had athritis and joint issues since I was 15 (I am almost 22). And lately it has been getting pretty bad. I have thought about it and I do not think I can do the upkeep of all my tanks the way I have been anymore.

Right now I have my two fancies in a 30g and my 2 rescue single tails in a 30g, I also have 3 bettas each in 2 gallon tanks.

My goldfish I clean their tanks twice a week, a water change on fridays and a siphon cleanup on tuesdays.

If I cannot come up with a way to clean them in a less painful way, then my only other option is to rehome at least one of the 30g tanks and their fish. :/

I really do not want to rehome anyone. I hope maybe someone on here has some suggestion that may help me avoid rehoming them.

Any thoughts are helpful. :)

I siphon with a python into a bucket and then pour out the water into my bathtub. Then I use a different bucket (to help prevent dieases or problems going to the other tanks) and fill it up with water and pour that into the tank.

A python connects to the sink. So you don't have to use buckets because the water goes straight down the drain. And then you flip a switch and it fills your tank right back up. Super easy. I was able to do my 180 when I injured my back for two weeks. There would have been no way I could lift a 4-5 gallon bucket.

I agree with everyone here, there is no way with my back that I could lift the buckets to clean a tank. You will wonder why you waited this long to get one :)

they are a bit pricey but well worth the price :) I also have arthritis and bone spurs in my neck and back and there's no way I could keep my fish with out this wonderful contraption ;) the lee's brand is a bit less expensive ;) shop around to find the price range you can afford :)

I completely agree about the water changer. It's made a huge difference in my enjoyment of fishkeeping.

Another thing you might want to consider is going barebottom or trying a thin layer of sand. Both would cut down on your vacuuming.