Questions about cleaning up a used tank

as some of you might know my 80 gallon tank was bought used when i got it i tried to do the best of cleaning that i could but it still looks very "used" and it is begining to drive me crazy due to all the spots and film and water deposits making for poor looking photos.

when i bought the tank the people who had it before me had glued a paper background to both front and back of the tank and some of the glue residue still remains as does some water stains down the back (like white depostits and spots) as well as the front has water stains.

when i brought it home i tried to use a razor blade to scrap the depostits and glue off to no avail i tried steel wool didnt work so i tried cleaners i tried windex,bleach,bleach and water,vinigar and water, for the front of the tank ive tried useing windex,bleach,vinigar,rubbing alchol,scrubber pads,razor blade, even one of those MR. clean magic eraser sponges for the outside front of the tank not inside and nothing it still looks as if i havent done a thing

im really tierd of it. you dont notice it much untill i take a photograph but it is super annoying! before a photoshoot i always use windex on a paper towel and a scrubber brush and this is what shows up in the photos

003.jpg

all these water spots and if you look in the background you can see the water stains in back and some of the glue stains.

any advice on this would be much appreciated i have no clue what type of glue they used but it sucks

Are you taking pics with flash? I think it works out better to take pics in a completely dark room, with the only source of light coming from the tank. You should be able to eliminate this issue, or at least dramatically reduce it.

I have bought several used tanks and I use vineager and a flat blade scrapper and elbow grease. Once I soak it with the vineager the flat blade scrapper usually just scrapes everything off the tank including mineral deposits. Then I rinse well and let it set for a few days to a week to make sure all the vineager is gone. I have cleaned some really bad ones this way and they turned out great.

Definately stop using flash to take photos! Just leave the tank lights on, turn off the room lights, and learn to pan with the camera.

Regarding the water spots, I'd use #000 steel wool and windex. Should polish them right off. If the glue won't come off, soak a paper towel with some "Goof Off" which is lighter fluid, and hold that onto the glued areas for a moment in order to let the chemicals soften the glue, and then it should wipe off. If the Goof Off doesn't work, do the same thing using Laquer Thinner.

Make sure you work in one small area at a time. Really concentrate on one small area and see if you can get any improvement.

Magic erasers usually get almost everything off, but I really have to work at it.