Gonna Start a Shrimp tank, trying to gather info

yaapp

red crystals are often really expensive, plus they're harder to keep because of their strain... I wouldn't waste the money if you've never had shrimp before! they're more recommended for the more experienced. :) I'd start off with red cherries - since they're so cheap, it doesn't matter if a couple die off to begin with (which sometimes happens just normally from the stress of moving, and also your betta may attack them). would suck to lose out on $12 per shrimp if your betta decides to pick them off one by one! that's $72 gone if you only buy 6! if you seek out a reputable shrimp breeder, you may find stronger strains (better colouring) for cheaper. for example, I bought 10 off a bloke for £7.50, and they weren't just plain old cherries, they were deep red/sakura grade!

So you're saying to get Red Crystals?!?!!?

If/when a shrimp die, will the others eat it? I can imagine myself losing track and not notice

• Supporter

When shrimp die they roam the tank searching for brains.

No, wait, that's zombies.....

I think that given the chance they would eat their dead. I've seen my ghost shrimp eating dead fish. x_O

Edited by Mr.B

If/when a shrimp die, will the others eat it? I can imagine myself losing track and not notice

No, we're saying DON'T get Chrystal shrimp lol

I saw my neon tetras ripping into a dead shrimp, but I don't think they killed it. I don't know if the other shrimp will eat it.

I've not seen my shrimp eat their dead friends. as in, I saw my betta nip the head off one shrimp, then satisfied that he had proven he was the big man, swam off. other shrimp were nearby and I wondered if they would eat it so I left the body in there for a day (lol curious about shrimp cannibalism)... they didn't touch it, so I had to get it out with a turkey baster before it rotted away.

Useless post because I can

See rule #7 http://www.kokosgold...tion=boardrules

Have patience, your post count will go up in time :)

like-a-boss-700x437.jpg

I use to have neon tetras, one day I came home and apparently one died during the day and the others cannibalized it, all there was was the head and spine O.o

• Admin

Useless post because I can

See rule #7 http://www.kokosgold...tion=boardrules

Have patience, your post count will go up in time :)

like-a-boss-700x437.jpg

I use to have neon tetras, one day I came home and apparently one died during the day and the others cannibalized it, all there was was the head and spine O.o

Thats cause she is one of the boss's here... Please dont abuse the rules... there is a reason for these rules.

Thank you

koko