Sign in to follow this  
scrappinjaime

Portland Oregon koi and goldfish show

Has anyone been to this? What is it like? They are having a show at the end of july.n do they sell fancy goldfish and supplies? What should I expect? Is it the sort of thing that I should start saving money now :). Thanks in advance, Jaime

I would ask Koko. If I remember correctly, she went last year.

I go every year. :thumb:

There is a few Goldfish sellers there every year. Sometimes Tommy shows up :) thats where I got my Myng.

There are some Vendors there to selling trinkets. Also they have a Koi show off and a Goldfish showing. Last year there was an Auction there, I got a Koi painting last year there.

Its alot of fun :thumb: I would save some money :thumb:

Sounds great, I will start saving and leave room for a new baby, just in case . It seems so far way, I can hardly stand it!

I've gone a couple times and it is FUN! Bring your camera cause they let you take pix of the show fish and vendors are ok with it too, so far. They have a nice selection of souvenirs/gifts that are reasonably priced. And they always have a different logo print t-shirt each year of a koi and gf that are just beautiful.

yes! take lots of pics so that the rest of us on the other side of the country can live vicariously through you :P

I am going too! I have never been, so I am excited to see what it is like!

Its really neat honestly.. I look forward to it every year :thumb:

If the Japanese import goes well, I don't sell out before the end of July and they still have a space I'll do a booth this year.

Oh this is neat. I didn't know we had this. Do you know what I would need to do to auction off my babies there?

You usually have to contact the club about being a vender. It might not be worth it because you have to consider fees and supplies.

I've been a vendor at the show twice. As for the auction I don't know if you need to be a club member or just pay a fee. Most likely the latter. The bidders are very picky.

If the Japanese import goes well, I don't sell out before the end of July and they still have a space I'll do a booth this year.

Oh I cant wait to see :panana

Tell me when the show is in New York!

Tell me when the show is in New York!

:lol Well since its the Portland, OR show, I dont think this one will show up there :(

But you might be able to find one in your area :thumb:

I have been to this show twice in the past few years and it and Koko's site are responsible for my new interest in goldfish.The fish are gorgeous and the koi sales seem really good.I did not see goldfish for sale but I wasn't looking either.If anyone has any interest in saying hello at the show that might be cool.I'll be there. Mahalo-Glenn

The goldfish normally are to the right and in the back corner up the stairs. Last year Tommy was there. He was the only live goldfish vendor there. :(

I hope there are more there this year. The economy was tough last year and seems to be better this year so maybe theyll be more , here's to hoping :)

I hope there are more there this year. The economy was tough last year and seems to be better this year so maybe theyll be more , here's to hoping :)

I hope so and I hope they have the Auction again, that was fun :panana

Any pic????

Any pic????

Considering that the event doesn't happen until July 27-29, 2012...

Any pic????

Considering that the event doesn't happen until July 27-29, 2012...

:lol

Thats what I was thinking... sorry just funny to me :rofl