Has anyone every bought fish from GoldfishNet

I have four fish from Goldfishnet.com so far and will definately buy more when I find something I can't live without. Tommy is a super nice guy to deal with.

I believe a lot of members on here have fish from there and are happy. I have seen a few reviews though where people received "problem-fish", which was mostly that the fish already came with severe buoyancy issues.

Because of this, make sure you consider the angle of the photo when you look at the fish in his auction. From one case of a friend of mine we figured out that Tommy had turned the photo to make the fish look like he swims straight, but when you looked at the gravel-line it was tilted and all wrong. The fish was actually quite head standing.

I have found a few other similar cases like this online, but the majority seems to be very happy with his fish :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

have you checked out Goldfish Connection auction as well? http://www.goldfishconnection.com/auction/index.php

The next auction starts March 29. They have beautiful fish and they sponsor our site :)

And of course there is always Rain Garden as well :) beautiful fish at reasonable prices. http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish.htm

I have a black ranchu from Goldfishnet.com. I didn't bid on her -- my friend was kind enough to ask Tommy to include a black ranchu in her order, (Yay, friend!!) so I didn't deal with Tommy. I got her a couple days before Christmas.

My fish seems healthy, but she is a gulper. She gulps a lot and tends to hang out near the surface. And she just started changing color. I think she will be orange one day. That's disappointing, but it happens. Also, I would say that she's a very active fish.

Thanks everyone, I will check out Goldfish Connection auction tomorrow :) I check Rain Gardens site daily :) I bought the two I have from there. The one, her name is Misty, her head is turning orange. It is fun to see the change.

Ooouuuuuu, **sending POWERFUL vibes to KOKO**

Carefully box up the BEAUTIFUL Fat Black Ranchu up & ship it to Jeana!!

((Man, I hope those "vibes" work!!))

• Admin

Ooouuuuuu, **sending POWERFUL vibes to KOKO**

Carefully box up the BEAUTIFUL Fat Black Ranchu up & ship it to Jeana!!

((Man, I hope those "vibes" work!!))

:teehee I felt your powers and Charlie blocked them :tomuch:

I have not but plan on ordering from him at sometime. His fish are nice from what i can see in the pics and his prices really arent that bad. Look at a $120 raingarden ranchu and look at his $120 ranchu and ask yourself which you would rather have. Now if $30-50 is more your style i would call raingarden. Just my opionion :) And if i must say about goldfishconnection i will say they get some stunners in as well. It all depends on what you feel comfortable spending on a goldfish. Everyone has their limit.

I do not have personal experience with his fish though so you must use caution anytime you get fish from someone you have never dealt with. I will always test the waters for lack of better terms and get a single fish or small order. I do like how Raingarden is by far the most transparent of them all. Pics of all angles and most have video. I plan on getting fish from him as well :) Then maybe i could give an opionion on other than pics. I find it odd that he has gravel in the tanks period but maybe that is just me?

I do not have personal experience with his fish though so you must use caution anytime you get fish from someone you have never dealt with. I will always test the waters for lack of better terms and get a single fish or small order. I do like how Raingarden is by far the most transparent of them all. Pics of all angles and most have video. I plan on getting fish from him as well :) Then maybe i could give an opionion on other than pics. I find it odd that he has gravel in the tanks period but maybe that is just me?

Patti, the tank is a 10g (?) tank where he takes pictures of the fish he is putting on auction. Otherwise, they share 1 of 4 outside ponds. If you look up happysnapper's thread where we visited him, you will see.

O i see that is weird how many fish he has in a pond though. Maybe i am having second thoughts? Are the fish just randomly selected every week for auction? How does he even know its the same fish? Is there anyway of QTing new arrivals at the place? How big are these ponds? I must have had my head in a hole when Happysnapper posted that thread ;)

He has an isolation pond for the fish that are either up for auction or going to be soon, but I'm not sure how long they stay there or how he picks them. The ponds were big.

That sounds pretty craptastic to me :( I will not be putting my money or kids on the line for an importer with no QT system. Thank you Elli for the video:) It really sucks since his fish look freaking amazing in the photos.

Edited by Patti