Lighting for a 30/40g

pandamanda111

Okay, so here's the plan! :)

Within the next 6 months, my mom wants me to upgrade to a 45. So until then, I'll stick with fake plants, and I'll get that hood when I get the 45 do we don't have to buy 2.

Yay!

Sounds like a good plan! Although I will say that if you can convince her toward a 40 gallon breeder over a 45 gallon, the dimensions will be more ideal for goldfish. A 45 gallon has the same footprint as a 30 gallon, but is just taller. This is good in that it add water volume, but as you know goldfish use more horizontal space for swimming as opposed to vertical space, so taller add volume, but doesn't add much room, if that makes sense.

EDIT: all that said the 45 will be fine too ;) just something to think about.

You can take a look at different aquarium dimension here: http://alysta.com/books/fishtank.htm

Edited by tithra

Oh, cool! I'll definitely look into that :) but we'll have to see if that works in the new house, I know that we don't have a good spot for that thick of a tank in Our current house. ;)

Edited by pandamanda111

Oh, cool! I'll definitely look into that but we'll have to see if that works in the new house, I know that we don't have a good spot for that thick of a tank in Our current house.

A 55 gallon would be another size to consider since it is long and skinny :)

Oh, cool! I'll definitely look into that but we'll have to see if that works in the new house, I know that we don't have a good spot for that thick of a tank in Our current house.

What about a 40 long? :)

yep, that would be great too! :)

yep, that would be great too! :)

Cool! :) we'll definitely look into our options when we move, and see what size tank the house has a good spot for :) hopefully in the next 6 months! :)