My Tropical Tank

ashlee18

This is my tropical tank and rambling from me. I haven't watched the entire thing, it is 9 minutes afterall, so please ignore anything stupid I might say or do...remember it was after midnight when I did it lol

Gotta go to work!

That's really nice! Do all the fish get along? I've been reading about trop tanks recently and wondering what fish are compatable. I love your combination. And please tell me the secret: how do you get all your plants to grow so well? Mine are spindly pale shadows of their former selves even though I have a homemade CO2 system and good lights and ecocomplete as the substrate. Yours look terrific! What a nice litlte fish world.

Love love love your tank!!! I am so jealous of your little neon tetras. I love the way they look against the green of plants, but my big zebra angel kept eating them. :(

Oh, and you pronounce that "indica rotala" :rofl Hope that helps! :lol

Thank you for putting this up this morning, I was impatient to see it. :P

That's really nice! Do all the fish get along? I've been reading about trop tanks recently and wondering what fish are compatable. I love your combination. And please tell me the secret: how do you get all your plants to grow so well? Mine are spindly pale shadows of their former selves even though I have a homemade CO2 system and good lights and ecocomplete as the substrate. Yours look terrific! What a nice litlte fish world.

All my fish get along. But you can ask other angel members on this forum, they usually don't. They also grew up with neons so they don't eat smaller fish...except for the platy fry.

Hmmm...well this tank has 216 watts of lighting for 10 straight hours. And 1 hour before and after the 10 at 108 watts. Most of the plants had died off a bit. I had maybe 5 to 7 little 1 ich water sprites turn into those big plants. I have the two CO2 systems going. I use 2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon yeast and 1/4th teaspoon baking soda. And I use warm water to melt the sugar a bit before adding the yeast. I really noticed the growth after I added the CO2. I am going to add some root tabs too since I just moved the plants around so much.

Oh, and you pronounce that "indica rotala" Hope that helps!

That is very helpful! :rofl

• Supporter

I only got to watch part of this video before I left the house, can't wait to finish it. Looks awesome. You have so many fish in there, it encourages me to really up my stocking in my 75g. Thanks for posting.

hahaha I am going to start out a dirted tank for the platy babies.

I found this video of the tank 2 months ago. The watersprite is to the right if you can believe it or not.

I forgot how to embed...

Edited by ashlee18

• Supporter

Hey, I posted this same question in the LOTP, but I thought I would post here as well. This way other people know what kind of light you have and I have a better chance of getting an answer. What type light do you have on that tank?? Thanks.

It is a odyssea T5HO, 216 watt fixture. It has four 54 watt 6700k bulbs. I got mine off of ebay but I cannot find it again and it no longer shows up in my bidding history.

But this one is similar.

For the link above, you have to ask for the freshwater bulbs or you will get the reef bulbs.

Edited by ashlee18

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice looking tank! Love the combination of species.....nice to see Angels and Neons living together in harmony. Then I saw the German Rams and I was like RAMS!!!! I love those fish....just wish we could keep them....well we may be able to here at our new place...at our old place our water was way too hard and the Ph was super high (8.4) and the only Rams we could keep were Bolivian Rams (had 3. One lived 2.5 years, one live 4.5 years and the other was over 6 years old when he died....very hardy fish in very well maintained tanks equal very long life spans).